Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so i have read through the threads and saw conflicting info. Are there any T-mobile ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

grads44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question T-mobile and hotmail

Advertisement

so i have read through the threads and saw conflicting info. Are there any T-mobile users that got hotmail to integrate (after paying for hotmail plus) with their bb?

Or is the option only to forward hotmail plus to the XXXXX@tmo.blackberry....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: T-mobile and hotmail

Hi grads, welcome to pinstack.com! Im not sure why you cant incorporate the email with BIS, you can also try GetMaiL, found here.

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~A T-Mo rep told me 2 weeks ago that they are working on a licensing agreement with the folks at Hotmail. They supposedly have configured a few beta testers. As of right now, there is no way to configure T-Mo with hotmail, plus or not. You can use a desktop program to forward your Hotmail. But, neither Outlook or Hotmail will forward email received using a Hotmail account.

grads44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the update, hopefully T-Mobile gets their licensing agreement together soon.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

I would say that this problem of Hotmail and Tmobile is bigger than just getting a BIS to fetch mail.

It's just Hotmail in general! There is no POP3 access available. (At least, free POP3.)

So, it's not just BlackBerry users wanting access, it's just about anyone trying to do anything with Hotmail, outside of the Hotmail-webmail site.

And this lack of POP3 isn't the only limitation of Hotmail, I just discovered yesterday, while trying to help a co-worker, that Hotmail has no ability to export the contact list/address book.

Yahoo! does all of this! Yahoo! has POP3 and address book export....and Yahoo! already has a deal with RIM to push email straight to your BB.

Anyway, that's just my opinion on Hotmail.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes, Hotmail sucks in general. Another example of a Microsoft product hanfcuffing the user.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I gave up on hotmail ages ago. Use Yahoo and Gmail. Much better, in my humble opinion.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

uhm i dont know who you talked to but there are no plans to integrate hotmail to for tmobile.. the issue has nothign to do with a liceneing agreement
    Welcome to my World!

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    uhm i dont know who you talked to but there are no plans to integrate hotmail to for tmobile.. the issue has nothign to do with a liceneing agreement
    I don't know if you're refering to my previous post, but I was speaking to RIM's technical support after being passed to them by T-Mobile. If you're going to contradict a guy, at least say why.
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Because I work for T-Mobile and im alot higher up than a RIM rep
    Welcome to my World!

Then make it happen! And tell the good folks at RIM not to mislead their customers. As a matter of fact, maybe you can tell me why I get SMS messages an hour after they are sent, why yahoo emails take 20 minutes to get to me, etc......My software is up to date. My service books are fine. How much time do you have? I could go on....
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)

Marc_SE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Is this the same for the UK as well?

I've just paid for a year's worth of Hotmail PLUS service with the expectation of getting my Hotmail account integrated with my T-Mob UK Instant EMail service!!

EDIT: It seems to be working now!
    Last edited by Marc_SE; 09-05-2006 at 06:12 PM.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

i don't use my hotmail anymore either

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yeah it sucks there is really no good way to get Hotmail on your BB. A couple options are to set up mobile alerts through Hotmail and you will get an SMS message alerting you to a new e-mail and then you can check your Hotmail manually through the browser.. It is not very immediate but it is an option. Another way, I have never personally set up, because I feel that to pay for Hotmail Plus isn't worth it, involves Outlook or similar program. If you get Hotmail Plus, and then use Outlook or another PC program like GetMail, I belive you can get your hotmail sent to that program and then to your BB. I think that this probably slow and not worth the money, as you can get GMail or Yahoo! Mail for free and it can ve "pushed" to your BB instantly. It will be a pain to change your e-mail but just send an e-mail to all your contacts in Hotmail with your new address. Oh, and by the way, T-Mobile is most definitely working with Microsoft on getting all their e-mail programs(Hotmail, MSN, etc.) to work with BBs. There was a press release put out by T-Mobile about it a while back so I would say that is a pretty reliable source.

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

HOTMAIL SUCKS, GMAIL ROCKS!

lol- just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast