I was sure this answer would be somewhere but I can't find it. I own ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

dantsteinman no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Synch with Outlook instead of Yahoo

Advertisement

I was sure this answer would be somewhere but I can't find it. I own my first Blackberry as of yesterday so forgive any naivete on my part.

Our business uses Yahoo bizmail but we also all use Outlook as our email client when in the office. I want to synch my BB with Outlook but it would not recognize the domain I gave it. I was able to synch with Yahoo directly but I don't like it that way because I update my email in Outlook which means my BB and Outlook are different. I've also noticed that not all emails that come from Yahoo to Outlook are showing up in my BB. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Dan

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Synch with Outlook instead of Yahoo

with the email issue, do this (i'm assuming you're running outlook 2003) go to tools > email accounts > hit next > hit 'change' when you have your email account highlighted > more settings > advanced tab > check the box for "leave a copy of messages on the server"

for the sync issue:

open synchronize in desktop manager > go to configuration tab > > configure sync > highlight address book > select change > select outlook > hit ok > go back to synchronize tab > check syncronize organizer data > synchronize now.

Steve, thanks for your response. I probably used the term "sync" improperly. Right now I'm just trying to get my email delivered to my BB.

I did what you suggested in Outlook which is what has me limping along right now. The problem is that I get all the email that's on the Yahoo server sent to my BB but the ones I delete in Outlook are not reflected on my BB. Am I missing something? I was hoping that I could set it up so my BB and my Outlook would be constantly reconciling.

Quote Originally Posted by steva11
    with the email issue, do this (i'm assuming you're running outlook 2003) go to tools > email accounts > hit next > hit 'change' when you have your email account highlighted > more settings > advanced tab > check the box for "leave a copy of messages on the server"

for the sync issue:

open synchronize in desktop manager > go to configuration tab > > configure sync > highlight address book > select change > select outlook > hit ok > go back to synchronize tab > check syncronize organizer data > synchronize now.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'll try to explain why what you isn't possible. The BIS basically gets the email from of the Yahoo server. As when you read it or delete it on the BB it reports back to the Yahoo server which reacts appropriately. Your outlook basically downloads the email or once you changed it a copy. When you open it or delete, outlook does not report back to the yahoo server. You have to be using an exchange server for that. Therefore there is no way for the BB to know what you did on your PC.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks again. So, the only way you can actually "sync" with Outlook is if you are running an Exchange server?

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3

right. but it doesn't exactly sync with your outlook, it syncs with your server. outlook and your blackberry don't talk to eachother, they just have a mutual friend i.e. your server.