I just bought the BB Pearl, but found out that my company does not have ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

stringchz9 no está en línea Stack level 1

sync w/ Exchange server but w/o BB enterprise server

Advertisement

I just bought the BB Pearl, but found out that my company does not have a BB Enterprise Server. Is there a way that I can set up my email to sync wirelessly with my company's exchange server?

eabeukes no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: sync w/ Exchange server but w/o BB enterprise server

Look at BB Express Server - its a free 1 CAL 'Lite' edition, for up to 15 CALS. Does everything the full version does, just limited by users (15) We have rolled it out in 4 of our sites, and it works great!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

stringchz9 and eabeukes, Welcome to PinStack.

stringchz9, if your company allows external connections to the server, you can set up your BIS account to pull your work mail and push it to your BB, but it won't be reconciled, just pushed unless you can access it via IMAP.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

eabueks, thanks for the information. Good suggestion.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

soren1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah, if your company uses exchange and offers OWA aka webmail, as long as you have a data plan, you can configure your work account as an email account. It works great!

I set it up that way for any of my BES users that have a 2nd mailbox they need to monitor. It almost makes BES unnecessary! Though I'm not sure if you can do a GAL lookup or access your contacts that way. You can always just sync those manually with BB Desktop.

neddielutz no está en línea Stack level 2

I have my works Exchange Server (OWA) setup using BIS. I do not receive any of the messages I have message rules setup for. Is this possible with or without a special program? Can I setpu some sort of filter?

RonHutchins no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Re: sync w/ Exchange server but w/o BB enterprise server

What is GAL, BIS, and OWA stand for?

Our school just installed Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and it doesn't allow blackberry access anymore to receive my work email. Anyone have any suggestions?

KWMSeattle no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by RonHutchins
    What is GAL, BIS, and OWA stand for?
    GAL = Global Address List (this is your corporate address book)
    BIS = Blackberry Internet Service
    OWA = Outlook Web Access

DJ_Mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by soren1234
    Yeah, if your company uses exchange and offers OWA aka webmail, as long as you have a data plan, you can configure your work account as an email account. It works great!

I set it up that way for any of my BES users that have a 2nd mailbox they need to monitor. It almost makes BES unnecessary! Though I'm not sure if you can do a GAL lookup or access your contacts that way. You can always just sync those manually with BB Desktop.
    I am a newbe so please be gentle if we do this will it sync the emails so they are deleted on either the device or the desktop they disappear on both

WATSON no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Mobile
    I am a newbe so please be gentle if we do this will it sync the emails so they are deleted on either the device or the desktop they disappear on both
    If you use a BIS/OWA combo then deletes handheld-->mailbox should be instant, but deletes mailbox-->handheld only sync every few hours or so. The mailbox--> handheld bit was only introduced with BIS 2.3, and some have reported it's not too reliable. Personally, I have found it ok and it saves me using "Delete Prior" all the time to clean up my handheld inbox.

The big bug bear I still have is that it doesn't reconcile read/unread status. So, for example, if I receive a bunch of e-mails whilst at my desk when I pick up my BB to go out 10 minutes later they are still listed as unread on the handheld.

The other thing which you may or may not be aware of is that BIS doesn't allow for filing messages in folders or indeed reading messages in folders. This is another feature I would be keen to see in a future release of BIS.

Hope this helps!

shaunburger no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a quetion about exchagne server and my BB. My compnay will not support BB to connect to the server. Is there another way to get my messages from outlook toi wireless sync to my BB? I have tried do the "rule thing" in outlook to send it to my hotmail account but it will not forward the emails. Any ideas. Also, if it can be done, can you sync you calender and contacts too?

panthyr no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can get your Exchange server admin to set up a contact in Active Directory with your BB wireless account as the email address, then auto-forward everything to that contact in Exchange. Advantage is, you get all the emails on your BB that you get in Outlook on your work account. Disadvantage is, replies/forwards/sent emails will show as being from your BB account address unless you set up your work address as the reply-to on the BB, and the only record of replies, forwards, and sent emails will be on the BB. Also, you will have to manually update contacts.

GiorgosH no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same issue.. We run Exchange 2003 with no BB sever and I got several filters and different folders.
    The solution I chose is to forward all emails from server to my device email address.
    Through that, I receive all emails on time on my handheld, but I receive but all sent emails in my inbox. It's the only way that works unless you install BB Software Express, which requires additional Server (Is not suggested to install it on same server as MS exchange)
    Other solution is BB Unite! but you should have your terminal pc always switched on in order to sync with device