Something I never noticed before when sending an email, my sent from changes from [default] ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Question Switching send using:...

Advertisement

Something I never noticed before when sending an email, my sent from changes from [default] to any of my other email addresses setup with my BB.

Basically when composing an email it says send using:[default] but after I type the email address of the person im going to send the email to it switches to one of my other addresses.

Also when choosing to send from address book it automatically chooses my aol email address, but I have it set to my TMO address for default...

Am I just missing something today? This is really annoying.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Switching send using:...

This may sound weird but every once in a while if I send an email to a yahoo address my sent from address will change to my yahoo. If I send an email address to anyone with my work address, it will default to my work email address. If I send a message to another blackberry email address it will default to my blackberry address. Make sense?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've never found a corelation between anything in the "default" settings, and what actually is used.

However, the BlackBerry is smart and learns that you send to Person A from Email #1, and will, after a couple of emails, always switch to it when you compose a message.

Of course, you can mess up this learning by using multiple email accounts to send from to the same Person A.

It's kind of like SureType for email sending.

nocman7300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BE46B

I'm experiencing the same issues described above. I have gotten used to verifying email address to be sent from and if not correct, select the one I want from email address list. A bit annoying , but that's what I am doing.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I notice that 2! but I beleive what the bb does; depending on who you are emaling if you don't chose an email address to use for sending; it choses one for you, and it use the one that you last used when you emailed that particular person...unless you chose to change it!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

peterpuk1 no está en línea Stack level 1

When you add To: email, the From: line changes from saying [Default] to saying the actual default email adress, which you can set. If you have several email accounts, you can chose the default email address by going to Options>Advanced>Message Services.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

peterpuk1, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the information. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

coffeeturtle no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone ever seen it where you do a reply, but the "Send Using:" doesn't appear on top of the message? Additionally, the "Send" option is missing.

My default CMIME is Desktop, and I'm on a BES.

I deleted and undeleted my Message Service for The Desktop CMIME and the Message Service is defaulted for Desktop (though my other external e-mail addresses will behave similarly when selected as default).

Thank you for any suggestions.