This will likely work with most other carriers as well, if not all. Alright, so ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up SUCCESS! A quick "how-to" for anyone with problems with BIS 2.5 on AT&T

Advertisement

This will likely work with most other carriers as well, if not all.

Alright, so I dug around on the Internet for a while, and used my own Blackberry experience to get this to work.

If you're having problems to get all the benefits that BIS 2.5 offers, you definitely need OS 4.5. Any flavor will work. I'm pretty sure, as I've tried this with two myself.

Log into your BIS email acct. on AT&T's Blackberry site, and get your Service Books, by simply clicking on "Send Service Books" on the main site where you would add, delete, or edit your email accounts.

You can do this, to cover all your bases, but it is likely not necessary: On your BB. re-register your device by going to Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table, and click "Register" from the menu. You will then get an email which tells you that your device has been registered with the network.

I then shut down my Blackberry, took the battery out for a minute, and rebooted it. Again, I just wanted to make sure that everything was done, even if one of these steps may have been overkill. It will only cost you a minute.

And then I see SUCCESS!!! I logged back into the Blackberry email site on AT&T, and first of all, was able to add my Windows Live account, just like that. ZERO problems. This was one BIG deal for me, and one of the promised BIS 2.5 benefits, i.e. being able to add "the big 4" email accounts, with full PUSH email capabilities!

Then, I proceeded to remove and re-add one of my AOL accounts. No problems there, BUT, there is now a green envelope, with the AOL logo, and it also says AOL on it, instead of the usual default Blackberry envelope on my Blackberry's main screen!! Awesome!! It said to wait approx. 20 minutes before I was going to be able to receive messages!

These were all signs that the above procedures had obviously worked!!

I can also now view attachments with zooming into pictures, etc., which wasn't possible before!

It feels like having a new Blackberry all over again!!

I hope this helps a lot of you guys!

I'm very happy. I will add to this guide as I find out more. Please also let me know if this works for you.
    Last edited by CrunchDude; 07-01-2008 at 12:56 PM.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Nice Work CrunchDude!

By the way what do you like about Live, & what would you improve?

Cheers.......
    via: Red BB 8310

(wap.pinstack.com)~

EVERYTHING PUSHED AND IN HTML!! Beautiful!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, which is another thing that shows that it's working!

I now have the setting:

Enable HTML Viewing: Yes/No

Which you want to set to YES, of course, except for special circumstances, such as poor signal quality, e.g. GPRS-only, email containing LOTS of HTML, etc.

This setting was one to look for, someone told me in another thread, and before I performed the above mentioned procedures, it had NOT been before!

So this IS one (or maybe one of two) steps to GUARANTEE for anyone who doesn't have them already, to get ALL BIS 2.5 benefits! Woohooo!! Blackberry's RULE!

Oh, and I might want to add that...

EVERY EMAIL IS PUSHED, AND IN FULL HTML NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CrunchDude; 07-01-2008 at 12:23 PM.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Nice Work CrunchDude!

By the way what do you like about Live, & what would you improve?

Cheers.......
    via: Red BB 8310

(wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hi! What do you mean, what would I improve? You mean @live.com email accounts, I assume!?

I like the fact that I JUST got in, right after @live started, so I could register a few awesome email addresses, without having to always add numbers, letters, etc. Like Chris5769, for example. I'm not sure what I would improve. I got the improvement I REALLY wanted from RIM over the weekend, and that was being able to add it to my list of email accounts on my Blackberry. Now that it is my main cell/PDA, that was an absolute MUST! I can't believe what owning my first Blackberry for still less than one month has entailed! This is one fun gadget!

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have done all that stuff and still cannot get any images showing....the email does show up in html but i cant get the images to show.....

i am on the $15 UL email plan from rogers which allows me to see emails but blocks out the internet access. Do you think this could be a reason why?

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sddspence View Post
    i have done all that stuff and still cannot get any images showing....the email does show up in html but i cant get the images to show.....

i am on the $15 UL email plan from rogers which allows me to see emails but blocks out the internet access. Do you think this could be a reason why?
    if that image is not embedded in your HTML email, you still have to manually "get" the image yourself. If the image is embedded inside the email, it will show right away once your email finishes downloading.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    BTW, I would also suggest to delete the service book and resend them. It helps in some cases.
    Last edited by penpower; 07-01-2008 at 03:28 PM.

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2
    i was told that because my tcp settings aren't entered that this could be the issue....i put them im and now waiting impatiently for someone to send me an html email lol

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sddspence View Post
    i was told that because my tcp settings aren't entered that this could be the issue....i put them im and now waiting impatiently for someone to send me an html email lol
    I don't even think you need to worry about the tcp settings. After 4.5 my tcp settings have been empty. Never touched them, its like the OS can account for the network settings based on carrier.

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, which is another thing that shows that it's working!

I now have the setting:

Enable HTML Viewing: Yes/No

I tried following your instructions above, and still don't have this option available to me. Any other suggestions? I have an 8820, with the 4.5.0.46 build installed, on ATT.

Also, as far as I can tell, the new items I see:

1. New browser
    2. Updated email UI

Items I *heard* were in 4.5, but can't see:

1. Saving office attachments
    2. HTML email

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Lee

joeybuckets123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i did that step by step.. but the hmtl forces me to download the images manually... i have it checked to retrieve it automatically for all accounts but i have to press menu and download the images manually