Greetings, Stackers. I'm new to this whole BB thing and this is my first post ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Dito no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC14

Question Stopping "delivered" messages?

Advertisement

Greetings, Stackers. I'm new to this whole BB thing and this is my first post (yay me).

A generous friend sent me his 8100 Pearl, which was languishing in a drawer, unloved, after he upgraded to the Curve.

I successfully got my Gmail set up and pushing to my device. That wasn't hard.

What I can't figure out is how to stop these no-help "your message was delivered to the recipient" messages. Is this something I can stop by setting up a filter on T-Mobile's BB Email settings page? Or is there another way?

The system also sends my replies back to the device - something else I really don't need.

I didn't see too much in the way of options on the TMO setup page. I apologize if I'm missing something painfully obvious.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Dito

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

Re: Stopping "delivered" messages?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Try looking in the email options under messages>email options. You can cancel delivery reports and "save sent messages"

Dito no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DEAC14

Re: Stopping "delivered" messages?

Thank you!

It may sound stupid, but I hadn't thought to look on the device itself. I expected to find settings like these on the web page where I set up the email account.

I'm starting to understand the "BB Mentality" a little better: there's a much-tighter link between your device and your email than what I was used to. My previous phone was a T-Mobile Dash running Windows Mobile, and my Gmail on that phone was via every-5-minute POP/IMAP pulls. This is totally different. But in a good way.

Thanks again.

-Dito