I finally figured a best way for me to get work email on my BB ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

robchow no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Stop email to BB during a time window (BIS)

Advertisement

I finally figured a best way for me to get work email on my BB based on reading various post about the redirector. My company does not have BES; we use POP to our Outlook and email is saved on the server for 10 days (company policy so that we can use our webmail if need be). To make sure that I have a copy of sent emails (e.g. sync with Outlook) that were done on the BB, I will setup the auto BCC at BIS and set a filter not to receive emails sent by me.

On to the question that I need help with
    When I am in the office, I don’t need to get work emails on my BB. Is there away to do this? Do I use the firewall on the BB? I still want to get personal emails that were set in BIS.

Thanks

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Stop email to BB during a time window (BIS)

Sorry, you can't do that...
    For the BES end of it I would ask your IT admin

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

It seems like you have clunky setup there with your work emails (server-side). that's going to complicate things on the BB side with BIS. BIS is already limited compared to BB (for example on BES, the default setting is to not forward emails when cradled, which can perhaps achieve that you want it to).

Any solution for you is going to me manual; I don't see an automatic solution given your company's email infrastructure and the capabilities of RIM's BIS service. You need to manually stop the redirection, and it would be the same no matter how you are redirected

1. close desktop redirector, or
    2. delete or disable your company's email account in BIS, so
    3. disable the forwarding (yes some people use this) to user@carrier.rim.net , when you arrive at the office
    then manually re-enable your redirection prior to leaving for the day.

Gmail, might offer some sort of a solution with filters, but it could be equally kludgy, plus with forwards, you'd have two copies and no reconciliation.

so for now, I think you'll have to manually turn it off. Sorry. I don't see a solution for you.

PoCoMotion no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC View Post
    Sorry, you can't do that...
    For the BES end of it I would ask your IT admin
    Turn off the data connection under 'manage connections' while you'te in the office

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

adding some SS for that.
    Options -> Mobile Networks -> Change to Data No.