Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

thanks for the headse up. i totally forgot that it was for sms. thanks! if ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jonnyedge no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dc23d

Advertisement

thanks for the headse up. i totally forgot that it was for sms. thanks! if i need anything ill be glad to ask thank you so much! everyone on here is so friendly, i love it
    Jonny Edge
    PIN 204DC23D

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jonnyedge, one thing I wouldn't do is post my BB email address publicly like that. It's an open invitation to spammers.

Just a thought.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I just recieved one this AM address to a Melissa on the Rogers network that came into my T-Mobile BIS account.

I wonder if it has anything to do with T-Mobile's BIS website being down.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    I started to get them over the weekend... getting 1-2 per day. Just weird...

MikeyXX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204F0B8B
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Do you guys ever worry that they will start spamming the PIN to PIN? Wouldn't take much to make an emulator that uses the Blackberry connector

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    There are a few things. First, like was mentioned earlier, some programs just randomly create email addresses and send spam out in the masses. If it doesn't come back as returned or invalid email address, they realize that the email was delivered to an actual address and that address will go into the database.

Also, be careful on posting your email address on forums, even pinstack. There are programs that "troll" popular forums and catch email addresses that are made in threads. One way around that is to do something like "emailname-at-blackberry.net". A program more than likely isn't going to pickup on that.

Which actually made me think about the NES emulator thread, and the fact that there are tons of email addresses listed there that may have become victim to this or have the potential to. I will work on that tomorrow and start having posters "mask" their emails.

Do filters work? Some do, some don't. My filters that I have set up through tmobile are next to worthless. It still gets thru.

The best spam filter that I have found so far has to be gmail. I NEVER have spam get past the gmail filter, so that's what I recommend to people who want to give out or advertise their email addresses.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    N8, as always, thanks for the info!

garran no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've also seen an increase of SPAM coming through all of my email accounts. The "to" field is listed as Nextel although I have Cingular as my carrier.

I have also noticed these emails, although show the "to" field as an apparent Blackberry address, it is in fact a masked field where-as the actual email is coming through one of my actual email accounts.

Example:
    SPAM lists the "to" field as user@mynextel.blackberry.net, however when I expand the entire header field I can see which email account (user@gmail.com) actually downloaded the message.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    garran,

How do you expand the Header on the BB?

Thanks for your help
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    Unless he means go to the TO field, and then click thumbwheel, and then 'show address'...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Thanks Navily,

But that doesn't work, I just got my first BB SPAM ever. 21 months and it Finally Happened. Couldn't tell where it was sent to, but I think it came directly to my BB address. I deleted it before I went to the BIS WebClient to see if it was direct or from my one forwarded account. And It wasn't even addressed to me, must have been a blind copy.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

BUCKETMOUTH no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    stack
    thought i was going crazy>>>>getting 1-2 spams a week in my tmo bb account.....what can we do?

Dlayz no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am on Cingular and just started getting spam messages last week. I have not given my BIS address out to anyone and I only use it with one website for or IT's work request system notifications. I have had a BB for 4.5 years and never had a spam message sent to it before.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Dlayz, Welcome to PinStack.

It may not be anything you have done. Here is a good post with an explanation, Spam: How it finds you. How you can prevent it. How you can deal with it.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Zobes no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Spam

I thought it was my personal email address through Comcast I setup on my Cingular Nokia 9300. Then I changed the email to a new one I created through Comcast. About an hour later I received a new SPAM about investments, just like before. It has to be something with a blackberry address.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast