Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a blackberry curve 8330 with Verizon. All of a sudden today all of ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Sms And Mms Disapear

Advertisement

I have a blackberry curve 8330 with Verizon. All of a sudden today all of my sms and mms messages disapeared except for the saved ones. I have a few more in and out and now they are gone also. I thought it was the theme, but i changed themes back and forth and they still gone. I dont understand where they are going. Can anyone help??

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you checked your free file space lately?

Options>Status, look at file free.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Welcome to the Stacks! Sounds like your device dumped messages due to low memory. Try to delete unwanted messages and call logs regularly.

me and my shaaaadow...Hi, RoGro!

i got 2322872 bytes free

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Welcome to the Stacks! Sounds like your device dumped messages due to low memory. Try to delete unwanted messages and call logs regularly.

me and my shaaaadow...Hi, RoGro!
    'Sup, J?

Umm, wouldn't you be MY shadow since I've been beating you to the punch lately?

As per Jbee's suggestion, to delete call logs, open a message folder, then press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball). Scroll down to View Folder, which opens up all the call and e-mail related folders. Scroll down to Phone Call Log and select. Go to the very top of the screen and press the BB menu button again, select Delete Prior and Yes. There goes the call log!

You should also clear your event log as well. To do so, from the home screen press and hold the LEFT Alt button, then press L, then G, then L, then G again, which will bring up your event log. Press the BB menu button, scroll to Clear Log, select and clear the log.

Those two should free up a bunch of space if you haven't done that regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    i got 2322872 bytes free
    You are definitely too low. Please follow the suggestions above and let us know what it looks like afterwards.

One more quick thing you can do to free up some space, especially if you use your browser a lot.

Open the browser, then press the BB menu button. Scroll down to Options and select. Scroll down to Cache Operations and select. Select each cache/content option and clear them out.

my call log was cleared already lol, i went clear the browser cache which had i been doing, cleared the evet log which had alot in it. Now ive got
    2767008 file free

That's still way too little free space. You need to be up in the teens at least.

Do you store a lot of e-mails on your device or have a lot of third party apps?

You should delete old e-mails/texts or any apps that you don't use.

Yea i have alot of 3rd party apps, i also have a memory card where all of my pics and mp3s are on. Can i move the apps from the phone to the card?

i guess once i start texting again ill see if they stay

Quote Originally Posted by armenvzw View Post
    Yea i have alot of 3rd party apps, i also have a memory card where all of my pics and mp3s are on. Can i move the apps from the phone to the card?

i guess once i start texting again ill see if they stay
    You can move the apps to the card with Aerize, but unfortunately they cannot be run from there.

I think your device will continue to delete messages, logs, etc until you can find a way to free up about 10mb of space.

Im going to see what else i can get rid of.

Thanks alot

Here's a quick way to free up 5mb.

Delete the Help and TTY apps from your device. You don't need the Help app because you have PinStack! You don't need TTY unless you have a hearing problem.

Options>Advanced Options>Applications. Highlight the application you want to delete then press the BB menu button and delete the sucker!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    There ya go! One stop shopping......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast