Possible for others, i.e. boss, to view the events that marked as private? Assuming we ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

netron no está en línea Stack level 1

Shared calendar of Outlook

Advertisement

Possible for others, i.e. boss, to view the events that marked as private?

Assuming we using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, and BES 4.x

Just don't wanna bother the boss with my private stuff,

This should be a M$ Exchange question...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Shared calendar of Outlook

netron, I would assume that if the Boss wants, he can get the BB admin to produce the log of everything, included items marked as Private, that is on your BB. Someone will be along and verify this. I'm pretty sure this works the same way that Exchange works in that Private only blocks the Private events from people you share access to your calendar, but the IT department can see everything.

After all both services are using their resources.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

netron no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks a lot! Then I'll have to assume that the IT is good manner and won't break into our privates.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Normally, IT won't bother, unless directed to, to support some sort of investigation. They normally just don't have time. Now that may not be the case in all situations.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

From what I understand, anyone else on your Exchange can view your busy/away/free times. They just cannot read any of your notes or titles or whatever inside your appointments.

As for private items, I don't share my calendar with others, so I cannot comment.

As for the 'boss' and IT, yeah, eventually, someone will know about every keystroke you make. But if your company is big enough to have a BES, it's also likely big enough to have an HR department.

I know that my company has fantastic privacy rules to protect employees and their data. Unless you quit, or are stealing from the company, or you're a corporate spy, or involved with insider trading, then pretty much, HR will never give anyone permission to view your personal data.

And even when they do, it's a process that will take not less than a week to get all the signatures on the all the paperwork.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Speaking as an "IT Guy", we really have no interest in your private information, and due to our own liability will only reveal private info if we are told to and we believe it is a legal request. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~