My situation is that I managed to set up my corporate email the same way ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

eshpin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Set up corporate email without Actication Password?

Advertisement

My situation is that I managed to set up my corporate email the same way I set up my personal gmail account (I simply entered my corporate address into the email setup page). Everything seems to work fine - I can consistently receive my corporate email to my BB Pearl. I did not have to contact IT and get an Enterprise Activation password or anything like that (I have talked to co-workers who told me that they had to contact IT to get their BB set up with the BES). Can anyone explain to me why this works for me?

Also, upon correct corporate email setup, should contacts and tasks etc sync automatically with the computer whenever edited (meaning without having to connect the blackberry to the desktop - just like email automatically is pushed to the phone)?

Thanks in advance!

Lightbulb Re: Set up corporate email without Actication Password?

It may be helpful to note that I have a SEPARATE folder setup for my corporate email on my BB. I just read that email set up with BES should go into the standard messages folder and not have its on folder.

And with regards to my second question, currently only email is pushed to my phone (not contacts tasks etc).

So basically I would like someone to explain to me how I am still receiving my corporate email? (I just checked under the enterprise activation page on my Pearl and it shows: Status: Not Activated - How is this possible???)... THANKS!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Set up corporate email without Actication Password?

I cannot explain this> it may be something attributed to the blackberry service being intermittent well at least in my opinion. because i have yet to be able to succesfully activate my corporate email on my device
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Set up corporate email without Actication Password?

You can set up almost any email through the BIS web client, which is simply for personal use. If you set that same email up through BES you will have corporate functionality.

Question Re: Set up corporate email without Actication Password?

That sort of makes sense. After I read some more I realized that I just set up my corporate email through BIS.

But what is this additional corporate functionality that you speak of? I currently receive all my corporate email (and when I delete messages from my BB I can also delete it from the server as well - also emails I send from my BB show up in the sent folder in outlook). Are you just refering to the ability to automatically sync the calendar, tasks etc.?

Im just not seeing the point in paying extra to integrate with BES when I can receive and send my emails fine through BIS.

Thanks.