I would like to save xls or doc files from the email attachments after I ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

mcbml no está en línea Stack level 2

how to save excel or doc files to media card from email attachment

Advertisement

I would like to save xls or doc files from the email attachments after I read them to the Memory Media Card in my BB curve 8320.
    How to do it?
    I could save jpeg or pdf files only.
    BB dont support saving xls or doc files?
    Thanks.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Open the attachment, Click the Menu button (button to the LEFT of the Trackball) and select Save. If the Media Card is set up properly, it should choose that automatically. If it doesn't, reformat the card under Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card.

That said, with most document formats, all you can do is attach them to another email - or just use the card as a storage device. You can't view them.
    JerryD

but I cannot find Save from the Menu when I open the attachment xls or doc files. Did you ever save xls or doc files? I think BB email program only supports us to save jpeg or pdf files that it works.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I apologize and stand corrected. It appears that only supported Media files can be saved. I strongly suspect that the next version of the OS will fix this problem as there's a light version of Documents To Go that comes with it.

Shouldn't be long now...
    JerryD

I hope so.
    I am getting used to BB default email program and dont want to use others. I know other paid programs can save all files but they are just too complicated to install and to work with after my trials.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea i heard the new 4.5 OS has added more extensions in which it will accept as readable info. hopefully they just open the road to all extensions.