Hi, I'm new and couldn't find the answer in the archives, so I'll ask. We ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

newsletterguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Rendering HTML vs. Text email

I'm new and couldn't find the answer in the archives, so I'll ask.

We send a multipart newsletter to our members. It is highly linked (and works great in HTML), but predictably works terribly on the BB. I'm trying to figure out what to do, and also better understand why it is the way it is. A few questions:

1) We send multipart and the BB displays a mangled version of the HTML instead of our beautifully formatted text part.
    Q: Is there a way around this? (As far as I can tell - no.)

2) I'm curious - does anyone know WHY RIM chose to display mangled HTML instead of the text portion we created? I'm sure they aren't dummies, but I can't figure out why. (If I were sending ONLY HTML, then that would make sense, of course.)

3) X-headers
    Couldn't this be solved with a custom header? I used to know this, but couldn't they have something like:
    X-RIM-Display-Section: TEXT
    Q1: Is there such a header? Or any way to tell the BB to use the text portion? I couldn't find any such thing.
    Q2: Once again, why not?

4) Any recommendations for solutions (or pointers to the appropriate place to learn more)? The only solution I can see is allowing BB users to opt-in to a text-only version.

Thanks in advance!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Rendering HTML vs. Text email

The default BB email app does not display the HTML the way you want. It instead displays the text for the link as you mentioned. To display the email as it should be in full html, you will need an email app such as empower email viewer. There are several out there to choose from but I use empower and it is only like $10. They also have a pro version for $30