Can someone explain what the Redirector does and when? I recently bought an 8830 using ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

cp76 no está en línea Stack level 1

Redirector ?

Advertisement

Can someone explain what the Redirector does and when? I recently bought an 8830 using BIS to access 2 email addresses. My work computer on which my Desktop Mgr and Redirector are installed uses a Microsoft Exchange server. Since I started using the BB, I have shut down my Desktop Mgr and Redirector, but left my computer running when I leave my office and have had no trouble receiving emails on my BB. I wasn't sure that would work because I get a message warning me that messages will not be redirected if I close the Redirector, but I always have gotten them...until now. Last night, an office assistant left my Desktop Mgr and Redirector on. I did not get my emails overnight. Tonight, I turned off both the Desktop Mgr and Redirector as I have usually done and am not receiving any emails.
    1.Does anyone know why this is happening; and
    2. How should my computer be left in order to receive emails on my BB?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Redirector ?

Look @ this thread here and scroll down to EricaJ's comment and it will explain to you what the redirector will do and it's limitations...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._a_newbie.html
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thanks for the link KD78. It helps but still leaves ma with a question. I know you need to leave running the computer on which your Desktop Mgr and Redirector are installed but must either or both the Desktop Mgr and Redirector also be left running? Ihave not been leaving them running and have been getting email until recently. I did actually receive 1 email this a.m. But I know others were sent that I have not received. Maybe my problem is something other than Desktop Mgr or Redirector?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

OK. Right after posting the above, I got 30 emails, some from a couple of days ago that I had already seen on my desktop. So it doesn't seem to be an issue of my Redirector running or its settings. Perhaps a carrier issue(vzw)? Was anyone having issues getting emails the last day or so?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~