Hi All, I am running a 7130g with BIS and Destktop Manager 4.2.2. I want ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

crap no está en línea Stack level 1

Reconciling Sent Messages From Handheld To PC?

Advertisement

Hi All, I am running a 7130g with BIS and Destktop Manager 4.2.2.
    I want to know if there is a way to have the messages sent from my handheld, reconciled in to my Sent Messages folder in Outlook.
    I would have thought that plugging in and synchronizing using Desktop Manager would have done this, but it doesn't seem to.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Question Re: Reconciling Sent Messages From Handheld To PC?

Actually it has nothing to do with Outlook or your Desktop Manager setup. Outlook is going to see what's in your mail server's Inbox, so you've got to get a copy of messages you send from your BlackBerry there.

In your BIS setup, add that account's email address to the BCC field like this:

Then, set up a filter to prevent that BCC email from being sent back to your BlackBerry like this:

Now it depends on the email service and the desktop client you're using. I use Outlook Express with both Gmail and Yahoo.

When I do this with Gmail, I have a rule which redirects all email coming from that account to a Gmail folder, and (I don't know how or why), Outlook Express automatically created a Sent folder under my Gmail folder, and emails FROM me in my Gmail account go there automatically!

With Yahoo, emails I send from my BlackBerry (and go directly to my Inbox) go to my Drafts folder!

I don't know how Outlook will behave. You'll have to try it, but at worst, you'll have to set up a rule that moves emails from yourself to your Sent Items folder.

Now I have a question about posting. I created the attached screen shots and uploaded them, then tried imbed them into this message. When I put them in they show up fine, but when I preview or post they just show up as links. I even tried switching editor modes and manually entering the IMG /IMG codes, but it still didn't take. Can this be done?
    JerryD

Re: Reconciling Sent Messages From Handheld To PC?

Thanks, i'll give it a go.

Re: Reconciling Sent Messages From Handheld To PC?

Thankyou so much my freind, that is a very workable solution, and the instructions were clear and concise.

You get an A+.