i'm pretty new to the BB world but i've learned a lot on here. i ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3

reconciling gmail - option is not there

Advertisement

i'm pretty new to the BB world but i've learned a lot on here.
    i did a search on this problem and the results were close to the problem i'm having, but still haven't found the right solution.

i have my hotmail emails forwarded to my gmail account, which i set up to get directly on my fone through the BB email setup.
    before i added emails coming directly to my fone (bb email excluded), i would have the "reconcile now" option. however, that's now gone.
    when i go to messages > options > email reconciliation, it only says "message services" and it lists the 3 email accounts i have to be received on my fone.

when i choose to delete from handheld and mailbox, it doesn't delete from my mail box. i don't expect it to delete from my hotmail account since it's being forwarded to a gmail account and then checked, but i'd like to delete the emails from the gmail account so that i dont have 2 copies. (i'm keeping the emails in hotmail just in case i need to go back to them later)

if anyone can help me out with deleting emails from mailbox AND handheld, or if anyone has any clue why my email reconciliation is different now, please let me know!

by the way, it's a t-mobile 8100

thanks in advance

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: reconciling gmail - option is not there

email reconciliation is for BES email accounts. BIS email accounts do not work that way. You can delete an email from the BB and have it delete on the server also but that email server must be able to accept the delete request and you also have to check the box in the BIS on your carriers site that says Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device. If that is not checked it will not delete them. Your carriers BIS is: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=tmobile

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: reconciling gmail - option is not there

i gave up on gmail. i'm forwarding my hotmail emails to yahoo and deleting from handheld and mailbox works fine.