I have 3 email accounts on my BB 8320, all of them .mac. They have ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3

Receiving emails 5 years old!

Advertisement

I have 3 email accounts on my BB 8320, all of them .mac. They have worked seamlessly since November when I purchased the Curve.
    Today, on the Curve only, not on my desktop, laptop, or .mac via browser, I received a couple of emails sent to me (and received) in June of 2007, and one which I had received and read in 2003. They were all sent to the same .mac address, that is, one of the three I use.
    If anyone has any idea why this might occur or has experienced a similar issue, I would be happy to hear from you. I sure have no idea...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Receiving emails 5 years old!

I'm not sure. Are you on BES? Couldn't tell from your profile thanks

Sorry I meant to say that I am not. Profile updated.

PIN/ID
    ask

Are the old emails visible if you login to the Mac account in question (via PC)?

The original emails are still visible if I log into .mac. But the "new" ones I am only receiving on the BB, with the original "sent" date, not today's.

PIN/ID
    ask

The original emails are still visible if I log into .mac.
    Then from what I'm understanding the BIS is simply reflecting what's in your inbox? Have you made any changes, such as changing your mac.com email account password?

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Then from what I'm understanding the BIS is simply reflecting what's in your inbox? Have you made any changes, such as changing your mac.com email account password?
    Well yeah that's true, but as I recall when activating mail on the BB I didn't receive any stored messages, only new ones. Thankfully, I have very few saved messages on this particular account.

I haven't messed with anything other than to begin having mail sent to my newly purchased Macbook. I did this last week. No new accounts or passwords.

I appreciate the links. Although they both seem to apply to BES, at least it shows me it can happen. I will now enjoy my day off.

Just received on my BB the balance of all the emails in that account, totaling about 50. I can only hope it doesn't send the other accounts emails, numbering in the thousands. No problem though to just delete them from the phone. Weird though.

PIN/ID
    ask

Something similar happened to me when I enabled and disabled POP3 forwarding withing Gmail.

martinrrrr no está en línea Stack level 1

My boss had a similar problem. He is on BIS. We tracked down his particular problem to the fact that he had over 14,000 emails in his GroupWise Inbox. We moved old emails to a cabinet folder and keep his Inbox to 3,000 or less and his duplicate emails have stopped. This seemed to be both a GroupWise and a BIS issue.