Some show up as a seperate message saying "Read:", other times, I'll get the "R" ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Read Reciepts -- some come as seperate message?

Advertisement

Some show up as a seperate message saying "Read:", other times, I'll get the "R" above the checkmark. It varies whenever it happens, and it happens to all my contacts I email with.

Any help?
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The ones that say "Read:" are for e-mails. The R with the check mark are for PIN and text messages.

Sounds as though you are getting e-mails and texts in your main mail box.

If you want to separate these and have an addition "inbox" for text messages, open a Messages folder, press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball), go to Options>General Options, scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes and change that to Separate.

No they are both emails -- i do not have read reciepts for texts. They are all emails when this happens.

i already have them seperated.

Sprint's read reciepts are not functional yet

Quote Originally Posted by reemusk View Post
    No they are both emails -- i do not have read reciepts for texts. They are all emails when this happens.

i already have them seperated.

Sprint's read reciepts are not functional yet
    You are correct and I actually just noticed this myself on an e-mail I sent to someone from my BlackBerry. Up until now I haven't paid that much attention to it.

I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with the e-mail client from which the message is sent. I get the "Read" version on my device when I send a message from Outlook, but maybe it comes back with the "R" above the check mark when sent directly from the handheld.

kstrouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not sure, but I think that I get the little "R" on the message only when the recipient is also a BlackBerry user. Can you test that?

Quote Originally Posted by kstrouse View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think that I get the little "R" on the message only when the recipient is also a BlackBerry user. Can you test that?
    I don't think so, because the message I noticed the R on this morning was sent to someone I know is NOT a BlackBerry user.

Quote Originally Posted by kstrouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You are correct and I actually just noticed this myself on an e-mail I sent to someone from my BlackBerry. Up until now I haven't paid that much attention to it.

I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with the e-mail client from which the message is sent. I get the "Read" version on my device when I send a message from Outlook, but maybe it comes back with the "R" above the check mark when sent directly from the handheld.

i will send an email at 8 AM to someone i know can only reply from the same email client at the same desk. i will get both variations of the read reciept as i progress throughout the day. and i haven't tested with a fellow BB user.