I searched the forums, but came up empty. I want to know if I read ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Question about email and Outlook 2007

Advertisement

I searched the forums, but came up empty.

I want to know if I read my email through my BB, is it possible for Outlook to show that I read that email? Same goes for deleting and sending.
    Im using BIS with an AOL email.

Next question is not so much a BB question, but an outlook question, so hopefully u guys can help me.
    I setup my AOL email to work with OUtlook 2007. After doing this, when I check my email from another computer, all my old email is gone when on aol.com.
    All my old emails are still on outlook and my BB.
    Anyone know how I can have my old mail still visible on aol.com?

Thanks in advance.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    The only way to do what question one asks is to set up AOL email as IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) which I don't think can be done. This would allow all devices to sync the email together and anything received/read/deleted on one will appear that way on all.

That actually also answers questions 2; since the AOL email is POP (Post Office Protocol), when you check the email on a different PC it actually downloads the email to that PC, removing it from AOL. That removes it before any other PC's Outlook app can view/download it.

IMAP email would solve both problems since it would effectively "sync" all email apps and the BB; but as I said, AOL email cannot do that.

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I will attempt this when I get home tonight.

Thanks
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan