Hi - I have searched this site and all over the web and have not ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

lauraleigh73 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question about BB emails and Outlook

Advertisement

Hi -

I have searched this site and all over the web and have not found an answer. If I have missed it somewhere I apologize. So, here it is . . .

I just got a BB Pearl and have 2 email accounts.
    1 Yahoo Business Account and 1 Verizon account -- both of which are set-up to come to Outlook on my desktop using the POP3 settings.

I cannot get my BB and Outlook to sync. If I delete from Outlook it does not delete from BB and if I delete from BB it does not delete from Outlook.

I have checked my settings and everything seems to be in order. I went to Cingular for help and they had no answers. I did find one site that said that if I was using the POP3 they would never sync but when I bought the BB I was told that they would.

Sorry to be so lengthy . . .

Any help would be appreciated.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Question about BB emails and Outlook

If your using BIS you can't sync your email accounts like you can on BES. Likely the person you s/w doesn't know what they're talking about. Now if you delete an email from your Yahoo or Verizon account on your device and select "delete on handheld and mailbox" it will delete said email from the specific account server and thus will not be picked up by Outlook on your desktop. That's the extent of "sync" w/ bis the way you're using it. Someone will be along w/ more info I'm sure. Hope this helps.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lauraleigh73 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Question about BB emails and Outlook

That did help. Thanks! I'm glad I am not losing my mind . . .

Thanks again.