this might sound like a really stupid question but here it goes. I recently got ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jtteran no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

push email

Advertisement

this might sound like a really stupid question but here it goes. I recently got a blackberry pearl from cngular and I purchased the unlimited data plan with it. So my question is does push email use data or SMS? Because I have unlimited data but only 1000 free SMS per month.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: push email

jtteran welcome to pinstack!

the unlimited data plan covers emails, web browsing and pin messaging...so you are covered.
    keep in mind that if you choose to use the OZ instant messaging client that came with your bb, it will deduct from your SMS package.
    i would suggest using jivetalk, ramble or IM+ for im'ing (yahoo, gtalk, aim, msn messenger) because those programs use data...

let us know if you have anymore stupid questions j/k - no ?? is stupid, really!

jtteran no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

thanks man

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jtteran, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

I just purchased two of the BlackBerry's 8703 for Sprint and am new to this BB phone. I have been using the Windows Mobile 5, 2003, 2002 for several years. My question is I have set up the push email which is very nice compare to MS Phone but they show up in the message folder which looks like to be a text and also under the email folder that is created for the emails. Is this correct or is it only suppose to come in the email folder and not the message folder also. Also is this consider as a text Sprint reps give me a different answer all the time, so I thought I would ask here since you guys are a pro at this BB thing. Thanks

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

What is Push Email? I've read some topics about how to enable but what does it mean exactly... I'm probably using it right now but have no idea about what it is and why its so signifiacant.
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bfdm_mexi View Post
    What is Push Email? I've read some topics about how to enable but what does it mean exactly... I'm probably using it right now but have no idea about what it is and why its so signifiacant.
    Your email is "pushed" to your device = push email.... Its one if not the biggest features on the BB.

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

meaning you dont have to click a button and "download" your email its just sent to your phone immediately... well I do use that and thats a great feature. Must be frustrating to own a palm device or a windows mobile device that doesnt do that.
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA