Hi All, I was hoping someone could offer me guidance as to how I can ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

kbox no está en línea Stack level 1

Problem setting up email for my 8330

Advertisement

Hi All,

I was hoping someone could offer me guidance as to how I can connect my 8330 (sprint) to my desktop email on Verizon. I have followed the steps and enter my PIN and IMEI but than it indicates I already have a PIN for that account which makes no sense to me at all.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I look forward to tapping into the obvious wealth of knowledge within the membership community here!

Best regards and thanks!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    So, you entered your pin and imei... Did you get to the part where you enter your email address and password?? Also when you say desktop email, you mean VIA work email account or through your home email? There must be a page where you must enter your email information. Or you can just go through your phones email account setup and take care of it through there.

Thanks for the reply Charlie.

I am trying to connect to my personal email account via my BB.

When I open the "Set up email" icon I get the option to "create new account" or "existing users"...(I am certain you know this, I am just trying to calibrate you to where I am at). When I click on the "create new account" I agree to the T's & C's and than I am told "an account already exists for this PIN, please try again".

At that point I after clicking on "ok" I am taken to a screen to enter "device PIN" and "device ESN" which I do using the codes from the side of my BB box. I than get a reply stating "please check your PIN and ESN. The information you entered is incorrect".

So now I stop any efforts to connect via "create new account". I go to "existing users" and enter "user name" and "password" (I use the user name and password of the email account I am trying to connect to......for example; xxxxxxx@verizon.net. I get a reply stating "please check your information and try again". This takes me back to the page 1.

I am certain of my "user name and password for the verizon account I am trying to connect to as well, I am certain I have entered the correct PIN and ESN(I can't recall for sure but I think I came across the screen to enter IMEI when I was accessing this through my BB desktop mgr.

I really can't believe I can't figure this out. Admittedly I spent more time than I care to admit trying to find my answer on my own but I have crossed that line where if I don't get an answer soon, I am letting my dog have the BB as a chew toy....haha!

Thanks for any and all help!

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245

where did u get the blackberry from??

the easiest way to get around that is to call your provider and get to blackberry support because the only reasonn that happens is if it is a used phone or a phone that was once used and registered.. the blackberry support can go through the back firewall and re route your info to the blackberry...
    now if this is your first blackberry u can request the blackberry dept to clear all original registries so you can start fresh or even go as far as have them create a username and password for your email setup where you can go and setup your email accounts... hope this helps...
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

I sure wish I would have thought to call Sprint earlier but than again, I would not have found this forum so all is not lost. I was up and running within 5 mins.

Thanks for the reply/suggestion!

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This is what it says when I try to register my account. "This blackberry is registered with a different service profider. Please re-register and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."

sorry wrong thread