it just doesnt connect ... i put in the info. email: ___ @ gmail.com the ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

prob with email setup with gmail

Advertisement

it just doesnt connect ...

i put in the info.

email: ___ @ gmail.com
    the user name: ___
    Password: ***
    email server: imap.gmail.com

and it says error and try again. i have both POP and IMAP enabled
    but nothing seems to work ,,,

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    how are you trying to add it? Via PC or BB?

PIN/ID
    I am trying to add it via bb. I have imap and pop both enabled and it still doesn't work ...

Does the fact that I already have an email registered affect it? Its a university email ...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CaliLifeStyle no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ashain_boy View Post
    it just doesnt connect ...

i put in the info.

email: ___ @ gmail.com
    the user name: ___
    Password: ***
    email server: imap.gmail.com

and it says error and try again. i have both POP and IMAP enabled
    but nothing seems to work ,,,

I downloaded the google application and did it that way. Same with Yahoo Go.

PIN/ID
    problem is that i dont wanna use the program. i HAD it set up already with gmail but i dont know why it was deleted ...

so i am having prolems with REsetting it up again

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    Try using your full email address as the user name. Since they launched Google Apps, it seems to be the way to login for all things Google. Gmail should automatically configure for you unless you are set on IMAP on your BB. IMAP on BB is slower though.

pilgrim no está en línea Stack level 1

GMail POP issue solved!

My wife got a new BlackBerry 8330 (Sprint) today. I aready own an 8830 WE. Sad to say that she has a newer BB device os (Ver 4.3.0.127, platform 3.10.73). Better everything, Sprint NAV, Sprint TV, Voice recorder, Media Player, Borwser, etc. But that is another post. Back on topic...

Anyhow, as I was saying, I hae been an avid BB user for years and thought "this will be easy" as I began to help her setup her new phone. Setup a Sprint BIS acount with no problem, then went to add GMail. Needless to say, I ran into the dreaded error:

"An error occurred during email account validation.
    Please check your information and try again.
    If the error persists please contact your email account provider"

First thing I did was verify password on web based GMail, no problem. Compared service books, with my phone - no problem. Resent her Service Books anyhow. Added a default sprint blackberry account. Worked perfectly. Hmm...

Did some other serches on the web and found this thread. Not much help, guys, sorry. Changed web based password, etc, etc, etc. No success. Then I remembered a small app I downloaded last year - the GMail POP Troubleshooter. Ran it and provided my wife's email credentials, and it FAILED. But, there was a link for help, so I clicked it. It took me to a help page (can't post the link, but if you search Google for "POP unlock captia" you'll find it)

Do that and you're golden. Worked like a charm. Hope this helps everyone out there struggling with this sort of problem.

extraducksauce no está en línea Stack level 2
    try this:

To configure IMAP access for your BlackBerry, just follow these steps:
    1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
    2. From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
    3. Select Personal Email Set-up.
    4. Accept Terms and Conditions.
    5. On the 'Email Account Set-up' page, enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') but leave the 'Password:' field blank. Select Next.
    6. You'll see a screen that says 'We were unable to configure [username@gmail.com].' Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
    7. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
    8. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
    9. You'll see 'The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [username@gmail.com] email account.' Select Provide The Settings to continue.
    10. In the 'User name:' field, enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com'). Google Apps users, please enter your full email address at your domain. Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
    11. In the 'Email server:' field, enter 'imap.gmail.com,' then select Next. Google Apps users should enter the server name provided; don't add your domain name in this step.
    12. If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
    13. Below your newly added Gmail address, select Edit.
    14. Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
    15. Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
    16. Select Save.
    There should now be a new mailbox icon on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your Gmail address. Once you see this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:
    1. Open the mailbox icon.
    2. Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
    3. Select Email Reconciliation.
    4. Confirm the following settings:
      • Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
      • Wireless Reconcile: On
      • On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
    5. Select Save.
    6. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    Try using your full email address as the user name. Since they launched Google Apps, it seems to be the way to login for all things Google. Gmail should automatically configure for you unless you are set on IMAP on your BB. IMAP on BB is slower though.
    Slower on IMAP? I've configured both my google hosted and gmail accounts w/IMAP and I get pushed email within 10-15 seconds of it hitting the inbox on google.

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post

Did some other serches on the web and found this thread. Not much help, guys, sorry. Changed web based password, etc, etc, etc. No success. Then I remembered a small app I downloaded last year - the GMail POP Troubleshooter. Ran it and provided my wife's email credentials, and it FAILED. But, there was a link for help, so I clicked it. It took me to a help page (can't post the link, but if you search Google for "POP unlock captia" you'll find it)

Do that and you're golden. Worked like a charm. Hope this helps everyone out there struggling with this sort of problem.

niicE!! i was having this issue. and what pilgrim suggested worked like a charm.. thanks
    --
    More than meets the eye.