Hi, New here. Looking for some answer. Having trouble understanding the BIS. I have a ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

zenon12345 no está en línea Stack level 1

Price of BIS

Advertisement

Hi,

New here. Looking for some answer. Having trouble understanding the BIS. I have a BB8820 with "no-limit-data-traffic", but I haven`t got the BIS. Do I need a BIS-account to recieve mail on my BB? I don`t understand why I need an exstra supscription (BIS) to get my mail?? It`s about 10E or 12$ each month.

Any ideas? Pricing similar?

Thanks,

Zenon1234

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

Re: Price of BIS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes you need to setup an email account on BIS. It's free but you won't get email without it unless your om BES which runs through your company.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

BIS is a RIM ( manufacturer) feature. If you do not have access to the RIM network you will not have the option for email, IM , etc. If you do not have the option through your carrier or choose not to subscribe to it, you will not be able to use those features. Hope it helps.

thanks, but the BIS isn`t free where I am.... norway. As I wrote: about 10 euro / 12 US dollars each month. Therefor I was hoping to be able to set it up for free somehow...

sms, mms, web browsing and pin-messages is working... but no mail :-(

pin messaging is working? as in you send a pin message to another BB device?

yes. tried it and it works. I`ve had a few 8820 and tried them last weekend. Got frustrated today, as my email won`t work (argh!!)

Quote Originally Posted by zenon12345 View Post
    yes. tried it and it works. I`ve had a few 8820 and tried them last weekend. Got frustrated today, as my email won`t work (argh!!)
    Email will not work b/c you don't have the BIS subscription but your carrier has set you up for everything else it appears. Do you have an icon on your phone to set up internet email?

got the "e-mail settings". I am able to run a setup there, but I`m not so keen in paying a monthly fee of 10 euros.... When I try to creat an account on the web it say I have to contact my provider (something like that) - the dealer I guess - cause the device is sold in another region (I type the pin an imei number). The provider says: 10 euro each month, please....

Quote Originally Posted by zenon12345 View Post
    got the "e-mail settings". I am able to run a setup there, but I`m not so keen in paying a monthly fee of 10 euros.... When I try to creat an account on the web it say I have to contact my provider (something like that) - the dealer I guess - cause the device is sold in another region (I type the pin an imei number). The provider says: 10 euro each month, please....
    Without paying for it you will not be able to use it. It's just odd that you can pin2pin without paying for the BIS.

Frustrating! Thanks

No problem.