I have a time warner email account that I access on my computer through outlook. ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

tobike no está en línea Stack level 1

preventing BIS email taken off POP server

Advertisement

I have a time warner email account that I access on my computer through outlook. this is the primary place I read email and where I prefer my messages to be permantently downloaded from time warner. I have my blackberry setup with this same account using the BIS. However, it downloads the emails from time warner. Therefore, I cannot see them if I log into the TWC account online or if I open outlook on my desktop. Is there any way to setup the blackberry so it will not remove these from the server? I have not been able to find any info related to this on BIS site. Thanks

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: preventing BIS email taken off POP server

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there should be a checkbox on the BIS site that allows for leaving the messages on the server, I think it should be int the advanced settings tab of the bis site for that particular email account, hope this helps

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Another option would be to set up the redirector on your computer and take bis out of the equation all together.

rsamms no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I work around this problem with POP mail by having the mail server forward messages to BIS instead of setting up a BIS mailbox. Depending on the allowable settings, some POP servers can forward mail, leaving it on the server, some won't allow you to, or do weird things like turn off any Spam filter and forward everything.

rs

kingwiggins no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2055

I use spamarrest.com to keep the spam off my BB Pearl. When I read email off my Pearl it stays on Spamarrest until I delete it or I load Outlook to read it off my computer. When I delete email off my BB I can delete off my BB or delete it off my BB and server. The service has a fee but I get NO spam on my BB and the messages are available to be viewed on my desktop using Outlook. You can have up to five email addresses with one subscription.