Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok, to follow up on my issue, I called Cingular today and spent about an ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

anthonyp20 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Personal Email Setup, PIN already has account associated with it...

Advertisement

Ok, to follow up on my issue, I called Cingular today and spent about an hour trying to figure out what to do. They were no help at all, their customer service hasn't a clue about BB devices and the functions/accounts, (at least the three people I talked to).

So, I contacted the previous owner and he called Cingular. In less than 10 minutes he had the account dropped and I was able to start a new one. So I guess if you have the same problem, have the previous owner call the service provider. That's one way to do it.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Cool. I'm glad you got everything straightened out. Now you're ready to go.

sbalakr3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help... I am in a peculiar situation. I bought a prepaid BB Pearl from Cingular last month. Being prepaid, I was not eligible for their data plan anyway. Cingular has unlocked the phone for me by providing the unlock code. Now I am in India. I am unable to register the device with my service provider here. It says the device is registered with some other service provider i.e., Cingular. I checked by entering the IMEI and PIN # through CIngular BIS sign up. That states that my device has not been earlier registered with them. I am now sure this device has not been registered by any earlier owner (any way I bought it as new from a Cingular shop and not from eBay).
    What should I do now. Does any one know which Cingular Help Desk number I should call ?. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
    Having paid full money for this beauty, it frustrates to use the phone only for voice calls.

steva11 no está en línea Stack level 3

up in data support at att, we get it sometimes where people by a device of ebay or something and the bis account is still active. as long as you can give us your info to verify your account, and you have the device, we can delete the account. but i nobody besides data support has the access.

Hi... I checked by doing the following.
    1. I tried registering (only tried) on mycingular.blackberry.com. When I entered the PIN # and IMEI #, the site warned that "my device has not been registered in the netowrk and that I should do the same before continuing". That means my device has not been registered with Cingular.

2. I wrote to Cingular and they confirm that they do not find my PIN # active. They have suggested that I contact Blackberry directly.

What should I do now ? I purchased the device from Cingular and from their shop.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

I would go back to the store and tell them what you found out. It looks like the unit was never reported in their system as being shipped to them from RIM and received for resale.

Zo.

Spoke to Cingular and RIM Help Desk for an hour. Issue is now resolved and I am able to receive mails now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12