Does anyone else have this issue? My email notification works perfectly except...... However, as soon ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

wirch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2530ADA5

Question Outlook send/receive and disappearing handset notification

Advertisement

Does anyone else have this issue?

My email notification works perfectly except......

However, as soon as Outlook send/receives and gets the email they disappear, even if I don't actually open the email in Outlook and it stays unread

i.e. the instant the message arrives in Outlook my Pearl stops telling me about it.

Needless to say this only happens to the account that goes to Outlook (e.g. gmail/SMS etc. are fine)

Anyone else have any experience of this?

If so can I stop it happening so that my icon and LED remain until I view the message on my Pearl?

Running BIS on Vodafone Business, Pearl 8110. Shiny newbie here (got BB 4 days ago after three years of Pocket PC - eurgh!)

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Outlook send/receive and disappearing handset notification

Quote Originally Posted by wirch View Post
    Does anyone else have this issue?

My email notification works perfectly except......

However, as soon as Outlook send/receives and gets the email they disappear, even if I don't actually open the email in Outlook and it stays unread

i.e. the instant the message arrives in Outlook my Pearl stops telling me about it.

Needless to say this only happens to the account that goes to Outlook (e.g. gmail/SMS etc. are fine)

Anyone else have any experience of this?

If so can I stop it happening so that my icon and LED remain until I view the message on my Pearl?

Running BIS on Vodafone Business, Pearl 8110. Shiny newbie here (got BB 4 days ago after three years of Pocket PC - eurgh!)
    2 things you can do.
    1. On the email server set it up to leave a copy of the message in the inbox when messages are accessed with pop/imap.
    If that does not correct it, or if your server does not have the option, etc.
    2. Go into messages, menu, options, email reconciliation, select the email account and set wireless reconcile to off.

Hope it helps.

wirch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2530ADA5

Eddie you are a legend!

Option 2 worked a treat!

Thanks!

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Woo Hoo Glad you got it sorted wirch.