Our email server, which forwards emails from the business accounts of several domains, to Blackberry ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

srd
    srd no está en línea Stack level 1

Our Email Server has been blocked by all Blackberry carriers

Advertisement

Our email server, which forwards emails from the business accounts of several domains, to Blackberry users on a variety of carriers, is no longer able to send email to the Blackberrys. This is a tremendous hardship on our clients. How do we go about clearing this Server with tmo.blackberry.net? Any help would be appreciated.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Our Email Server has been blocked by all Blackberry carriers

My first question would be, what are you sending to the BB users, that TMo would have blacklisted you? i find it hard to believe that you are forwarding emails from business accts to BB users on a variety of handsets, w/o something having come across that TMo decided to block you.

Were you guys blacklisted or what?

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Tmobile will blacklist your IP if you send more than 200 messages an hour once your blacklisted it cannot be reset you will have to change your IP address and monitior how much content you send at any one time~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mitchie55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246ceeba

Sounds like spam to me

srd

Thank you all for your input; I have checked all the following and the IP address of the Mail Server is NOT listed at any of them. Again, this is a server that hosts multiple domains, not just ours. The entire server is unable to contact any Blackberry users, anymore. Not sure how to proceed since this IP is not apparently blacklisted.

dsn.rfc-ignorant.org
    dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
    list.dsbl.org
    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
    bl.spamcop.net

= no problem

If it is quantity of emails, perhaps we need to consider phasing out the Blackberry in favor of a PDA that takes mail from the desktop, not the server, level.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Have you tried contacting TMO?

srd

I haven't contacted the individual Blackberry networks, as it's not just TMO, there are also Sprint Blackberry users impacted by this. Every domain we host here, that has Blackberry users. I was uncertain how to proceed as, since it is not just one carrier, it seemed to be a global Blackberry thing. And, since not blacklisted, there seemed no reason for it.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I suggest that you contract your BB IT Professional for your company. They usually know the ins and outs of BB.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cant the individule users redirect their mail from the desk top ?

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Seriously, what is the general content? Because I have seen a HUGE increase lately in spam sent to my blackberry carrier address (not Tmo). I know it has frustrated some carriers, and I would not be shocked if they are somehow filtering for content and rejecting the emails sent because of that.

usethesource no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B70DCA

since BIS handles all *.blackberry.net domains, you have to contact blackberry's abuse department. I dont' know if they have an abuse@blackberry.net account or what, but they are the only ones that can tell you if you're blacklisted. unless they really are seeing a lot of spam come across the network, they may be willing to remove the block. Changing your IP won't do much good since it's only going to happen again and any respectable email admin is going to block the domain and not just an IP address.