Hello. Is there a way to get Opera Mini 4 to work without APN settings? ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gabo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2055B6ED

Question Opera Mini Without APN

Advertisement

Hello.
    Is there a way to get Opera Mini 4 to work without APN settings? (that is, through RIM's server (or however the BB data plan works)).

This is because if I use my operators (TELCEL Mexico) APN, I will get charged by Kb downloaded as if in a regular cellphone dataplan, not my BB unlimited dataplan.

So, is there a way to use the Opera Browser? How come I can use other apps (such as Google Maps, Jive Talk, Gtalk, etc) without an APN?

Thanx for your help and advice.
    Best Regards!

-Gabo

fbriceno97 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Opera Mini Without APN

Opera Mini has an auto-config setup, it also sets the best connection method.. try it without the aporpiate APN settings... but i am pretty sure that it probably won´t work and in some way the carrier is capable in measuring the data used on its network.

cheers

gabo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2055B6ED

Re: Opera Mini Without APN

Quote Originally Posted by fbriceno97 View Post
    Opera Mini has an auto-config setup, it also sets the best connection method.. try it without the aporpiate APN settings... but i am pretty sure that it probably won´t work and in some way the carrier is capable in measuring the data used on its network.

cheers
    Autoconfig of opera mini won't work if the apn settings aren't configured. =(
    Still wondering why other apps can work without apn.

Any other suggestion?

Thanx!
    -Gabo