I'd like to be able to set up my wife's email account on my BlackBerry ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

esjones no está en línea Stack level 2

Question "Occasional" Email Account?

I'd like to be able to set up my wife's email account on my BlackBerry for "occasional" access only, like when we're both away from the house and she'd like to be able to check her email on my BB.

I don't want the BB always pulling her mail down from the server, but rather be able to turn access to her account on and off at will.

I know I could add her account when I want to check it for her, then delete it again, but this seems less than elegant. What would be ideal would be to have her email account defined, but somehow made capable of toggling between active and suspended.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

- Earl Jones

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    Just Ask

Re: "Occasional" Email Account?

I don't know of that being an available feature. That would defeat the purpose of the "push" for which RIM is well known. The only way to do this that I know of would be to turn the filter on & off prior to leaving the house or office when you would need to access her email.

A good phone for her would be a Treo or Q or something that she could utilize to pull her mail down at her convenience.

I know the easiest way to accomplish your task...get HER a Blackberry :-).
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro

Re: "Occasional" Email Account?

What email acount does she have? You could do as I do, let them go to the web and check their messages from there.