I have a RIM 8100 and I have an email account setup through my college ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

Not getting all IMAP emails

Advertisement

I have a RIM 8100 and I have an email account setup through my college (gmu.edu) and all the settings were found by the Blackberry system and they are all correct in the web portal, including the SSL port 993 etc, including user/pass and imap server.

however, i dont get a copy of all of the emails that are stored on the imap server(which are stored on the server and marked as read), and i only get random new emails that are coming in, i dont get them all, just one out of 4 so far of new emails has come to my bb( out of all that have been seen in my outlook)

any ideas? i cant find a way to test the connection or to trouble shoot this at all as that blackberry mail web portal isn't that deep when it comes to settings.

ps: i can send emails fine.

sniggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243C28A5

Re: Not getting all IMAP emails

I've got a feeling that outlook is removing some of your e-mails from the server before they get pushed to your bb. You might be able to change the setting to leave your e-mails on the server by clicking "E-mail accounts..." under the "tools" tab in outlook. Click the "View or change existing e-mail accounts..." radio button, and then "next". Then highlight the account, and click "change". Click the "more settings..." button, then the "advanced" tab. At the bottom there should be a checkbox that says "Leave a copy of messages on the server". Check it, and change the other settings there to suit your habits.

You'll have to be careful to delete older messages, as you might fill your mailbox pretty quickly if you forget. Let us know if this helps.

edit: I saw where you said "that are stored on the imap server(which are stored on the server and marked as read)", but I just wanted to be sure they weren't being deleted by outlook.
    Last edited by sniggles; 01-14-2007 at 02:05 AM.

PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

I had outlook closed the entire time, and only when i checked the email after 4 hours that they hadnt been delivered to the phone did i check outlook to see they were there.

I understand the "leave a copy on server" and thats why i have it set already, but the thing is it isn't downloading any of the ones that are still stored on the server, i can see them in outlook and in the webmail, but they wont come to the bb.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Problems with BIS Email (IMAP)

Two things here, only new messages will be sent to your BB. As to not getting all the new messages, when you pull the messages using Outlook, is it set to "Leave Messages on Server". If not, when the BB polls the messages there want be any to find. If this is not the cause, are the messages being moved into folders on your IMAP Server? This could also be the problem. BIS only reconciles with the Inbox, Sent Mail and Deleted folders on most server configurations.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.

Hope this helps
    Rcbrj.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

Re: Problems with BIS Email (IMAP)

Yes, outlook has it set to "leave messages on server" and they are all in the Inbox.

I leave oultook closed and waited 4 hours for a few emails to come, but they never did to my bb, opening outlook shows them instantly.

just kinda stuck at this point, no idea how else to work with this, my email does support pop3 as well, how can i tell the web portal to use the pop3 instead, and leave the messages on the server as well?

PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

Ok it doesnt seem to be getting me anywhere with this, i've tried for the past 30 hours or so, and i'm wondering now, how to setup the email account in the web portal to use their pop server instead of their Imap, as they have both, but it defaults to imap.

Any ideas? How can i manually setup the account for POP3 instead of IMAP, as the web portal chooses IMAP by default?