well ok,i got an 8700r by rogers...from canada,now in pakistan....it had a country lock,got it ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

soowutomz no está en línea Stack level 1

Not An Ordinary Case!!no Browser!!

Advertisement

well ok,i got an 8700r by rogers...from canada,now in pakistan....it had a country lock,got it unlocked....now it doesnt have a browser...i got opera installed...but it doesnt work..it says data communication not allowed...i dont want to get blackberry service,but want to use gprs,browse the internet on my BB....any suggestions???how do i get the browser???ive tried out everything that the forums say..nothing works....OS 4.1 is installed..wud installing OS4.2 work?or is there any other OS that cud be installed????

and oh yea..forgot mentioning..i asked my local service provider to send me the gprs settings,,they did,but i have no idea how to get it working man....it has an ip address,some port no..i have no idea how to input these..where to input these..just need to get my gprs working man!!!!

minmike no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    302C0E61
    When I had this problem I resent the service books and the browser came back.good luck~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    soowutomz, you need a data plan in order to have internet service on your device.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    soowutomz, you need a data plan in order to have internet service on your device.

i already told u brav,im in pakistan,here u can have prepaid internet connection...it costs per kb..ok wut normally happpens is that through my BB8300,i just gave the carrier a call,in my case its ufone,and they just sent me the settings on my 8300,and i just save them,and the gprs works...but i wnna use the 8700 as a 2nd phone now man...but cant setup the gprs...any idea??when i asked the carrier to send me the settings on the 8700,they sent me sum msgs which has sum kind of instructions which i dont understand man...it has a proxy,a port no..an sum other stuff...any idea brav???

min mike,thats wut ive read probably a 100 times everywhere...but wut r service books???how do i resend them?and remember i dont have a internet data plan...

Guys Do Sumthing!!!!
    Last edited by azstar; 10-20-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: triple posting

Try this web site, soowutomz. Enter your country and carrier and it should return your settings.

Enter those settings in Options>Advanced Options>TCP.

ok here...check this page plzz...here it says apn,proxy,port and home page...it asks me to leave username and password blank...where as when i go to advanced option and apn....on my BB....there are only 3 fields there...APN,USERNAME AND PASSWORD......thats it,,,no proxy no port...wut do i do...sorry bothering u brav..

ok sorry for that,i guess i cant post a link....but cud u just try it out urself if u have to..country is pakistan...and carrier is ufone..thanx brav

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by soowutomz View Post
    ok sorry for that,i guess i cant post a link....but cud u just try it out urself if u have to..country is pakistan...and carrier is ufone..thanx brav
    Here's what it returns:

Internet Settings

APN: ufone.internet
    USER
    PASSWORD
    HOMEPAGE
    PROXY: 172.016.013.027
    PORT: 9201
    Last edited by jblackfish; 10-20-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ya so where do i put the proxy and port my brother???
    this is wut i earlier sed man,,,when i go to adv options and then APN...there is only APN...username and password...there is no space to enter the proxy and ports man....do u get wut i mean?

do sumthing guys...i really need ot get this done today

hey

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Here's what it returns:

Internet Settings

APN: ufone.internet
    USER
    PASSWORD
    HOMEPAGE
    PROXY: 172.016.013.027
    PORT: 9201

As far as I know, there IS no place for Proxy/Port. Just enter the APN, no password or user name and save the settings.

hmph.well probably no luck man...ive tried that..opera still doesnt work...thanx anyways bro