Hi, newbie here...first day and post! I just set up a BIS account with my ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jdhochma no está en línea Stack level 1

Noob BIS question

newbie here...first day and post! I just set up a BIS account with my exchange account. I have a few questions:

1. How long is the delay between when the messages are sent to my email account and when i actually recieve them on the bb? It seems like there is a signifcant delay from when they end up in my inbox versus my device.

2. Will messages that are forwarded, replied to, deleted, etc. show up in outlook as the same?

3. If I reiceve a meeting request in outlook will it come up on the bb and can I just put it directly into my calendar on the bb?

4. Is desktop redirector a better option for all of these requests over BIS?

Thanks in advance

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    Just Ask

Re: Noob BIS question

Hi, Welcome to the Stacks!

1. That fluxuates.
    3.Not sure.
    4.Don't know.
    Thx a lot!
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi there. I use my BB along with Outlook Exchange Server so hopefully I can answer some of your questions:

1. As for the delay, I have experienced different results. Those emails that I send, seem to go out immediately. Sometimes receiving emails into my account can take up to 20 minutes, but sometimes it's darn near instant. When I first got my BB, I would send emails between my OWA account and my Gmail account, with the time in the Subject field to see how long it took to get them.

2. Messages will show up the same in OWA as they do on the BB. So sent mail will be in your Outlook sent folder, items deleted off of your BB will show in your Outlook deleted folder, etc.

3. Meeting requests will automatically be displayed on your calendar, along with details.

4. Desktop redirector will get your email to you faster, but I think you have to leave your PC on for that. If you can tolerate a possible 20 minute delay (and it's usually not that long) I'd say stick with the plain old BIS.

tjhaskins76 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there long delays when email is sent and received on the BB device.
    T Haskins
    Raeford Lodge 306

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by tjhaskins76 View Post
    Is there long delays when email is sent and received on the BB device.

I have not experienced more than a 3 or 4 minute delay from yahoo, and my outlook hits the bb before it hits my desktop.