Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi everyone, I looked through the forums and I didn't see my exact problem anywhere ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

smm115 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question No OWA mail to BB through BIS

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I looked through the forums and I didn't see my exact problem anywhere so hopefully someone can help me out.

I have a BB 8830 through Verizon and for the last 4 months have had no problem receiving my work email via BIS. We run Microsoft Exchange Server here at work and most of my coworkers have the same set up as I do (push email through BIS) as our Blackberry Exchange Server is mainly for our partners.

Last week, I recevied the notice that my account was invalid which I receive from time to time when our email server is going through maintenance. I logged into my blackberry account and validated the account like I have in the past, but I have still yet to begin to receive emails. I've deleted the account and readded it, resent the service books, and tried a reset of my BB, but nothing seems to work. One of my coworkers had the same problem, but once he validated his account, he started receiving emails again. I am still able to send email from my blackeberry through our work server, but still have yet to receive it.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. If you need more info, I will glady supply anything you need.

Thanks,
    Sean

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: No OWA mail to BB through BIS

I too receive email from MS Exchage. The only time I received a notice about my account being invalid was when my password expired over the holiday (I knew it, and forgot to change it).

Once I created my new password on Exchange then updated the account on the BIS website, everything was ok.

I'm not sure why we receive the invalid account notice, but its not due to our passwords resetting. I can still access my email through OWA on the internet with the same password I always do and when I receive the invalid account notice, my coworkers also receive it. That is why I always just assumed it was because of server maintenance.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

very odd...sounds like a reconciliation issue. did you delete service books before resending? maybe delete just for that mailbox (options/advanced options/service books. then find the entries for the mailbox, choose menu and delete)? also, after receiving the confirmations for service books, i would register the handheld (options/advanced options/host routing table. then choose menu, register now)

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

I agree with cherri on this one. Try deleting the service books, registering on the HRT, pulling the battery and resending the service books. I ran into a similar issue with AOL based account, that fixed it right up.

When I first resent the service books, I only deleted the ones related to my mailbox and when I registered with the HRT, I noticed there was a long list of options, so I just re-registered with the one that was in bold (assuming that was the HRT I was using). All this and still no luck.

Is there something I'm possibly doing wrong? (sorry, still relatively new to BBs)

Quote Originally Posted by smm115 View Post
    When I first resent the service books, I only deleted the ones related to my mailbox and when I registered with the HRT, I noticed there was a long list of options, so I just re-registered with the one that was in bold (assuming that was the HRT I was using). All this and still no luck.

Is there something I'm possibly doing wrong? (sorry, still relatively new to BBs)
    After deleting the service books and resending, did they come back to the phone ?

Yes they did, and I got the message again that I successfully set up my email account and I should begin receiving new messages in approx. 20 mins.

Yes they did, and I got the message again that I successfully set up my email account and I should begin receiving new messages in approx. 20 mins.
    Give it 20 mins and if it does not start working i would say to call your carrier and get to RIM. If you received the service books it means that the RIM server was able to authenticate the account, otherwise it would not have sent the service books. So if it does not work more then likely the RIM server itself is not delivering the email, or your server is not giving it to RIM.

ok sorry to bump this up, but I still haven't found a soultion as to why my emails no longer come to my bb. For the past few months I've just had the emails forwarded to my blackberry.net email account which works great, except that I can't see who else is included on the email and I can't reply all. I've spoken with my IT guy and he has no idea what kind of settings could have been changed on my email account that would not allow my bb to work while I know of at least 4 other people on Verizon that still receive their emails without a problem. Is it possible that the problem is with my phone and not with my email server or with Verizon? I'm just kind of hoping for some insight before I take time to go into a Verizon store and complain.

As always, thanks for any help you guys can provide.

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

Was there an upgrade to a new version of OWA? I know some people have been reprting issues of problems with OWA 2007. Stupid question, but have you tried deleting the account from your bb and re-establishing it?

No, we are still running OWA 2003 and I've deleted the account from my bb and added it again more times than I can count. Everytime I receive the email that the account has been set up successfully and I should begin receiving emails in 20 mins. Yet, no emails ever show up.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Perhaps you should check with your IT department. It's quite easy for them to block BIS entry to OWA.

In many companies (including the one I work for), users are not allowed to connect a BlackBerry to the corporate email system through a BIS/OWA connection, and it is a terminable offense to do it!
    JerryD

Would that be a server wide setting or a setting on each individual's account? I know of at least 4 or 5 other coworkers that connect through BIS to the exchange server without a problem.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Would that be a server wide setting or a setting on each individual's account? I know of at least 4 or 5 other coworkers that connect through BIS to the exchange server without a problem.
    Server wide, but you should still check with IT.
    JerryD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast