Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem While trying to compose, reply to, or forward a message from your handheld, or ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Blog Entries

No message services configured. Only able to save draft

Problem

While trying to compose, reply to, or forward a message from your handheld, or when you try to select an address in your address book, you receive the following error:
    No message services configured. You will only be able to save draft.

Cause

The Desktop (CMIME) or Web Client (CMIME) service book is either missing from the handheld, has become corrupted, or is out-of-date.

Resolution Summary - Perform the following procedures until the problem is resolved:

Resolution 1

If you are using BlackBerry Desktop Redirector or BlackBerry Enterprise Server to redirect messages, delete the Desktop CMIME service book (if present) and re-generate the encryption key manually.
    1. From the Home screen on the handheld, click the Options icon.
    2. Click Service Book.
    3. In the Service Book screen, click the Desktop (CMIME) service book, then click Delete.
    4. In the confirmation window, click Delete.
    5. Click the trackwheel, then Close.
    6. Generate a new encryption key.

Resolution 2

If you are using the BlackBerry Internet Service for mail redirection, delete the Web Client CMIME service book (if present) and request a new service book.
    2. Click Service Book.
    3. In the Service Book screen, click the Web Client (CMIME) service book (if present), then click Delete.
    5. Click the trackwheel, then Close.
    6. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account.
    7. Click Profile on the toolbar, then click Send Service Book.A new Web Client (CMIME) service book is sent to your handheld. Ensure that the handheld is connected to the wireless network.

Resolution 3

Clear the Service Book database on the handheld.
    1. Connect the handheld to your personal computer using a USB cable or COM port.
    2. Open Desktop Manager and double-click the Backup and Restore icon.
    3. Click Advanced. You may be prompted for your handheld password. Enter it in the Password field. The Backup and Restore window appears.
    4. In the Handheld Databases list, select Service Book.
    5. Click Clear.
    6. In the Warning window, click OK. The Service Book database on the handheld is cleared.
    7. Click Close > Close to return to the main Desktop Manager window
    8. Generate a new encryption key.

Resolution 4

If you are using BlackBerry Enterprise Server™ 4.0 with BlackBerry Handheld Software 4.0, you can delete the service book on the handheld and re-generate the encryption key wirelessly.
    2. Click Service Book.
    3. In the Service Book screen, click the Desktop (CMIME) service book, then click Delete.
    5. Click the escape button to go back to Options. Select Security.
    6. Scroll down to the Services section and click the trackwheel. Select Regenerate Encryption Key.
    7. Connect your handheld to your personal computer. Open Desktop Manager and double-click Redirector Settings.
    8. Select the Security tab. Select the Generate keys manually option, and click Generate. Follow the on-screen instructions to generate a new encryption key.
    9. Once the Status field says Up to date, you should be able to compose messages and select addresses on your handheld.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: No message services configured. Only able to save draft

Great tip, that may come in handy someday. Thanks.

edrusch3rd no está en línea Stack level 1

I am completely new to my BB 7520. Boss through it on my desk and I have been on my own ever since. It was wokring fine until I upgraded the version to 4.1.0.273, now when I go to compse an email, I get the message No message Services configured..... It was wokring before the software and mu icon to compse email is gone as well. I tried following these steps but under options I do NOT have Service Book. What now?????

certified no está en línea Stack level 1

Had that same problem on the 7510 call nextel bb support have them send you your service book tell them the message you got easy quick fix
    good luck

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Blog Entries

edrusch3rd and certified, Welcome to PinStack.

edrusch, all you probably need to do is generate new Encryption Keys. If I knew how, I would tell you, but I don't have BES so I can't help. Someone may be along soon to help though.

Certified, Thanks for the advice and that would work for BIS, but I'm not sure if it will for the BES. Maybe, Maybe not. But it can't hurt trying.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by edrusch3rd
    I am completely new to my BB 7520. Boss through it on my desk and I have been on my own ever since. It was wokring fine until I upgraded the version to 4.1.0.273, now when I go to compse an email, I get the message No message Services configured..... It was wokring before the software and mu icon to compse email is gone as well. I tried following these steps but under options I do NOT have Service Book. What now?????
    Hi and welcome to pinstack.

First thing is when you upgraded the OS you took erased the enterprise activation from your BB. Your boss needs to give you another enterprise activation code, or you can generate the encryption keys as Rc suggested. Here is how to do so... go to options, security, general, scroll down to services and click trackwheel, then you will see regenerate encryption key.

Another option so you can begin to send and receive email is to set up your BB on BIS. Visit nextel.blackberry.com and follow the instructions, and you can set up a personal email.

If you need further help let us know.

Joey Ruff no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f52e12

Smile Re: No message services configured. Only able to save draft

I have an 8800 on Cingular Network. I was having the same issue. "Options/Advanced Options/Message Services " was completely blank. Logged into mycingular.blackberry.com and noticed I could resend the service books from there. A-Ok Ca Ching

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blog Entries

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This also works directly from the Setup Internet Email icon directly on BB itself if you use BIS (which I have been fighting with for 2 days). Not sure about the BES.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ another way to activate your bb on your BES is to install desktop manager and then connect your bb. Desktop manager should detect that the blackberry isn't activated and begin the activation process. Let us know if we can help you in any other way.

JayGee.de no está en línea Stack level 1

This week I took delivery of an 8700v which I'm using with the company BES.

I've experienced a modest amout of pain in getting things to work reliably and given that I found much of the advice on this forum very helpful in resolving my issues I thought I should post details of my findings here as a return.

PROBLEM
    Yesterday morning I was able to send emails from my Blackberry, yesterday evening I wasn't - when replying to emails I only had a "save draft" option and when I created a new email all attempts to send/resend it resulted in a "red cross" icon indicating message failure. I restored a backup that I'd made yesterday afternoon when I *thought* everything was operating correctly but the problem persists. I can still receive emails okay.

RESOLUTION
    1) Selected: Options-> Advanced Options-> Service Book
    2) Deleted:
    - Desktop [CICAL]
    - Desktop [CMIME]
    3) Exit and Selected: Options-> Security Options-> General Settings
    4) Highlighted "Services" and wheel-clicked to "Regenerate Encryption Key"
    5) Exit out to top level
    6) Verified that emails could be sent and received (although sometimes it takes two attempts to send).

Then it got weird!

7) Started Desktop Manager
    8) Connected BB and made a backup
    9) Disconnected BB
    10) Tried to verify that emails could be sent and received still - but found that I could no longer send emails again.

11) repeated steps (1) thru (6) and everything is fine again.

OBSERVATION
    So the positive is that I now have a strategy for resolving this; the negative is that performing a backup appears to cause the problem! I don't like the idea of not backing things up but I guess if the BB is simply a mirror of the data on my PC then that's okay(ish).

susanpc no está en línea Stack level 1

Man you guys are awesome . I've run into a couple of issues setting up my FIRST EVER bb and each time PinStack has the resolution. The mycingular.blackberry.com "Ca-Chinged" for me too. Thanks Joey.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Blog Entries

I just have my regular email set up on the phone (not business email or anything) and I upgraded the OS yesterday. I am now getting this error when i try to email a picture to myself...

I checked in the service books section but was unable to find Web Client (CMIME) or Desktop (CMIME).
    /~*brooke

RYANSWJ no está en línea Stack level 1

so i got this message too and my it guys at corporated reset my phone and everything still the same message comes up.. i have also looked in the service book area and i don't see anything like desktop ccmini?? what do i do?

please help

dwightfrye no está en línea Stack level 1

GREAT tips everyone. I had the same problem, unfortunately none of the "resolutions" posted did me any good, so I went on my own to resolve my problem. IF none of the previous posts work for you, here is how I resolved my problem.

Setup Wizard/Email setup/Create new or add email..../"next" twice or until you get to your login screen. Sign in using you regular sign in and password. Scroll down to Service Books obviously click that little trackball. Go to "Send Service Books" and YAHOO!!!!!!! you're up and running again. At least that is with AT&T, not sure about other providers, but I don't imagine there would be any difference.

jmeloy no está en línea Stack level 1

dwightfrye, you rule. been struggling all night getting mine running. I'm ATT like you and when I find your tip above I was fixed in seconds! well done!!!
    JAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast