Hello, Bought my 8330 Curve on Friday and am having problems due to my non-techie ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

trfrantila no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Newbie cannot get email to reconcile on Curve

Advertisement

Hello,

Bought my 8330 Curve on Friday and am having problems due to my non-techie understanding I'm sure.

I have my bb and a laptop running Outlook 2007, to which I download emails from 2 pop accounts. I want to have my Outlook keep a full record of all email communications. This is just me & my bb, so I believe I'm set up on BIS.

I have been able to set up my email accts so that I receive emails on the bb and into my Outlook. I can send emails.

I can reconcile tasks/calendar/contacts, but not emails. I especially am keen to get any emails initiated or answered from bb to end up in my sent email, but cannot get this to work. Email reconciliation on desktop manager is grayed out and cannot figure out how to do this.

If you have the knowledge, would much appreciate you sharing, in really simple steps ....

I downloaded desktop manager 4.6; I believe my bb is v4.3.0.124 (options/about).

Thank you!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have a 8320 and outlook 2007 won't work on mine. 2003 is all I can get to reconcile with

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I had to get AT&T AND RIM on a 3-way call to get my 8310 synced to my PC to get emails. Maybe you should try that if you haven't already. It took about 30 minutes, but finally successful. There are some settings and firewall issues you have to enable/change on your PC.

trfrantila no está en línea Stack level 1
    To close the thread, this is what I've figured out.

Objective: To have email from 2 pop accounts go to bb and also be in one inbox/sent folder on my Outlook 2007 so that all my email history is kept in one place (Outlook).

I use only one pop account for sending emails. My bb, when I used the "reconcile now" option, was reconciling what was on my bb with that pop account online. In order to also download my sent messages into Outlook, I have changed this account to an IMAP account, which pulls both incoming & sent messages off the sever to my Outlook. This creates a separate inbox/sent mail for an IMAP account in my Outlook, leaving me with now two places to check for inmail or sent mail while using my computer. Not acceptable.

So, by using rules, I can automatically move all my emails from my IMAP inbox to my "main" outlook inbox (where my 2nd pop account downloads automatically), and so now I am back to having all inmail in one inbox.

I have not been able to figure out rules for moving messages from my IMAP sent items folder to my "main" sent items folder, but working on it. In the meantime, at least I have all my sent messages from my bb in my outlook and I can move them manually as I frequently as I wish.

Not pretty but it works.
    Perhaps this will help someone else.