I have my Rogers/Yahoo account setup in my BIS account. 1) When I delete messages ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

samag no está en línea Stack level 1

New user, 2 BIS questions

Advertisement

I have my Rogers/Yahoo account setup in my BIS account.

1) When I delete messages from my BlackBerry, they get deleted from my account, but when I delete messages from my account (on the yahoo website) they do NOT get deleted on the BlackBerry. Is there a way to fix this with my Rogers/Yahoo account? Is there any (free) email services where I can delete messages on my account and the deletion will be done on my blackberry? For my BES account it seems to work properly (i.e. I can delete from desktop or BlackBerry and the other one gets updated.)

2) Is there a way to keep my BES and BIS emails in separate places on the BlackBerry? (i.e. BES email goes into "Messages" and BIS email goes into the icon (?) for that account, AND into Messages.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: New user, 2 BIS questions

What about your BBmanager program that came with your phone on that disc. you should be able to manage emails from that somehow.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: New user, 2 BIS questions

BES syncs your BB and your dekstop client (Outlook, or whatever).

BIS only retrieves your email. It cannot delete email from a mail server.

If you have a new(er) BB with OS 4.1 (8700, 7130), then you ought to see the accounts of the BIS, along with the BES (Messages) and keep them separate. If the BIS accounts are hidden, then everything goes into the Messages. But if the BIS accounts are not hidden, then that email will be in that 'inbox', but not in the Messages.