New features in BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0 Multiple Service Books Each integrated email account uses ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

New features of BIS 2.0 (BlackBerry Internet Service)

Advertisement

New features in BlackBerry Internet Service 2.0

Multiple Service BooksEach integrated email account uses its own service book on the BlackBerry wireless device. This allows you to send messages from multiple email addresses.

Save Sent Items
    For Microsoft Outlook Web Access, Yahoo! and BlackBerry Mail Connector integrations, a copy of messages sent from the BlackBerry device will be placed in the source Sent Items folder. For example, if you send a message from your device using your Yahoo account, you will see a copy of the sent message in the Sent Items folder in your Yahoo account.

Wireless Read/Unread Status
    Messages marked as Read or Unread on the device will also be marked as Read or Unread in the mailbox of an integrated account. However, this does not apply to post office protocol (POP) integrations.

Wireless Deletion
    Messages deleted from the device can also be deleted from the mailbox of an integrated account. When deleting a message, you will prompted to select whether or not to delete the message from the original mailbox.

Yahoo Messages
    When you have an integrated Yahoo account, messages from this account will be delivered immediately.

Outlook Web Access Support
    Integration of Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003 is now supported by the BlackBerry Internet Service.

Filters
    Message filters can be set up on each individual integrated account.

cjbear10usa no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New features of BIS 2.0 (BlackBerry Internet Service)

I recently upgraded to this client and now have two additional email boxes: the xx.mycingular.blackberry.net and a second for my primary personal email.
    That's great; I like the concept of a personal inbox and business (Microsoft exchange server) box. But, all personal messages appear in the new box as well as the primary inbox. ARrghh!! I'm looking for a way to separate the two boxes.

Has anyone found a way?

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by cjbear10usa
    I recently upgraded to this client and now have two additional email boxes: the xx.mycingular.blackberry.net and a second for my primary personal email.
    That's great; I like the concept of a personal inbox and business (Microsoft exchange server) box. But, all personal messages appear in the new box as well as the primary inbox. ARrghh!! I'm looking for a way to separate the two boxes.

Has anyone found a way?
    When you add an account to your BIS, it automatically creates a new folder on your BB as an Inbox just for that email account. All email goes to the main box as well.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Hydn, you might want to mention Yahoo Push is NOT, and probably wont be supported in the near future, for Cingular customers.

Dispatcher35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400f6810

Hydn -

Could you please provide more info on syncing my BB with Outlook using BIS. There is nothing on the Nextel BIS page and all I could find in the Outlook hlep was info if you were using Otlook Enterprise.
    Mikey P
    Marlborough, MA

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher35
    Hydn -

Could you please provide more info on syncing my BB with Outlook using BIS. There is nothing on the Nextel BIS page and all I could find in the Outlook hlep was info if you were using Otlook Enterprise.
    ---

If you are asking about syncing your email between the BB and Outlook, BIS does not do this. As a matter of terminology this is really called reconcilliation by RIM rather than syncing and BIS does not do reconcilliation with outlook. BIS 2.0 will perform a one way reconcilliation with certain email servers that use the IMAP protocol. This is basically email sent from a BIS 2.0 Spooffed email address will be placed in the sent mail folder on the server, deletions on the handheld will show in the Deleted/trash folder, but the reconcilliation of manipulations that occur on the server will not propigate to the Handheld. And the Sent mail, Inbox and Deleted/Trash folders are the only ones that this one way reconcilliation occurs, no other folders work.

Basically what happens is that Outlook on your PC and the BB both access the IMAP email server and perform the same functions, but what happens on one does not propagate to the other.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr

igorpat no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know how to transfer BB account to one phone number to anouther one?
    I set up BB account in BIS for business email using my wife's SIM card and it works fine but when I switch to my SIM card it doesn't work :-(

Any help?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

igorpat, Welcome to PinStack.

The BB account is normally associated both with the device and with a phone account. You can's swap SIM cards because they are associated with the phone account. To change the account which is associated with the BB data plan you will have to contact your carrier.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

xero-xero no está en línea Stack level 1

new technologies and its issues at its best...