I just recently started having a problem where a random new message icon would pop ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

"new email" message appears then dissapears

Advertisement

I just recently started having a problem where a random new message icon would pop up stay for a couple seconds then dissapear. I check my messages but I have no new ones. Is this some kind of glitch or is there some king of hidden message somewhere? What's goin on?!?! Arrrgh!

daniellicus3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: "new email" message appears then dissapears

Sounds like your memory is full and you need to clear some stuff out. You really have a new message, but there's no room for it to save. i'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure, but there is probably some info about it here somewhere.

It's a problem i was having and i found the solution on a cingular forum... you can delete things you don't need and also pull the battery to perform a "hard reset." i also make sure i go into my browser > options > cache and delete the cache and cookies. i read [in the cingular forum] that there's a software fix but i haven't yet tried it myself. Hope this helps.

FireBreath no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Its a memory management issue with the Pearl. There's new(er) handheld code out there that allows you to set a few limits (ie: don't allow me more than 8mb of images on the device) to assist in memory management, but best bet is still to stay ontop of your email and don't let thousands of messages accumulate.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok wow I just checked my messages again and for some reason I only had like 4 in there when I used to have like 50. My status says I have plenty of memory but it seems like a lot of my emails and texts dissapeared 4 no reason.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

yep it is definately a memory problem clear out all the rubbish you have collected then do a battery pull that should fix it

millertivo no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem with my T-Mobile Pearl after a few days. It was only happening with text messages and my call logs. They would disappear right after I received them. Like the previous posters said, you need to delete a lot of stuff. However, I also got on the phone with T-Mobile. They said it was a known problem. Even though I believe I had the latest handheld software, they directed me to their website where I downloaded and reinstalled the software. That seems to have done the trick. I haven't had a problem since.

Sinferno no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, this is an issue that exists in many of the BB devices. When your device memory (flash) hits 400K of available space it fires an event that the e-mail program and the call log program listen for. When it's "heard" they purge data. No workaround or fix for this yet.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I clean mine everday. I find that it really helps.