Hi can anybody tell me why all the sms from mobiles and all my mails ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

gtgisnow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

Question Need some help here...!!

Advertisement

Hi can anybody tell me why all the sms from mobiles and all my mails from my Company (mdaemon) server comes to the same message box ?? is there a way by which u can prioritize the Level 1 messages and be filtered into a different message box ?? I am using a BIS FYI...!! Would really appreciate ur valuable advice.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    Sorry, this is standard for all messages. You can try different themes to see if they work better for you.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    You could try using the filters in the messages menu.

Happy Chrismahuanakwanza!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Check out the Understanding BIS 2.X . . . Link in my Signature for more information on how the message App works. Basically it's all one database and you can filter it in many ways.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

R.Nesteruck no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go into options messaging then make changes as needed~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

waid10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Need some help here...!!

I am new to BB, so I hope you all can help me. I work for two companies so I have two Outlook email accounts. One company has a BES and the other does not. On my own I configured the non-BES outlook account using outlook web access. I also configured my yahoo personal account. The IT guy for the BES-company set up up on the server and configured my email for that company. All of my emails come into to my Pearl in the "Messages" icon. However, my yahoo and the non-BES outlook account each have their own icons so I can focus on reading emails related to one account (a really nice feature by the way). But my BES-outlook account does not have a separate icon. Is there a way that I can configure it to have a separate icon? Because if I use the "Messages" icon, it is hard to tell which emails are related to which company. I would like to look at each account separately.

Thanks in advance.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

YOu will have to create a filter to just show the mail from your BES account and assign a short cut key to it to use when you open your Messages Application. You can do this in the Message App Search feature on the menu.

Hope this helps.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

waid10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    YOu will have to create a filter to just show the mail from your BES account and assign a short cut key to it to use when you open your Messages Application. You can do this in the Message App Search feature on the menu.

Hope this helps.

Rcbjr.
    How do you do this?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

How do you do this?
    Open the Messages App menu and select Search. This will bring up a Filter Page. Make the following settings

Name = blank
    In = Any Address Field
    Subject = blank
    Message = Blank
    Service = Set it to the name associated with your BES email Service Book. (For BIS it's WebClient, Don't have BES so can't say)
    Folders = All folders or what ever Folder you want to limit it to.
    Show = Select the desired option from the list
    Type = Email

Click the Menu button and select Save
    Name the Filter and Select a short cut key from the List.
    Click the Menu button and select Save

Now anytime you are in the Message App, just press the ALT Key and the Short cut key and you will have the List you want.

You can check the pre-installed filters by Selecting Recall from the Menu after opening the Serch screen. and you can edit any of the pre-installed filters.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer