I'm having an odd problem with one of my GMail accounts on my BB curve ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Multiple draft messages sent to BB

Advertisement

I'm having an odd problem with one of my GMail accounts on my BB curve (AT&T 8300). I have a couple Gmail accounts (IMAP) that are set up through BIS on my BB. On one, and only one, account when I am drafting an email in Mail on my Macbook I get numerous (up to 20-30) versions of the draft email sent to my BB on the Gmail account. So, I'll be drafting an email that may take 10 minutes to write, and then I send it off and I'll look on my BB and there will be 20+ copies/versions of that message with times spanning the period I was drafting. It's as if I'm getting a copy sent to my BB every time Mail saves a draft of the message or even more often than that. Any thoughts?

A few added notes:
    - I have deleted and resent my service book for the account several times, no luck.
    - The settings for this account appear to be the same as for my other GMail accounts which do not show the same behavior.
    - I do have other Gmail accounts that I use with the same set up (on my Mac, with Mail) that do not have this issue.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    As you create an email in Gmail it autosaves it in your drafts every minute or so. To prevent you from losing anything if your computer goes down. I'm guessing that everytime it saves, it gets pushed to your Blackberry. I don't know if there's a way to stop that, I would think it should just send emails from your inbox. I don't have the problem with POP, perhaps you could try switching to that.
    Alternatively, setup a filter in your BIS account to not forward emails to the handset from your email address.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Thanks. Yes this is my thinking too, that it's sending drafts every time they are autosaved. What I can't figure out is why this is happening for this one Gmail account when I have and use another one that is also set up as an IMAP account and doesn't do this.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Probably the best idea would be to setup the filter in BIS.
    If you have AT&T here's the link:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?b...ular&locale=en

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yep, thanks.