Question: I have multilpe e-mail addressed on my new 8700 (cingular). I can get them ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Multilpe email addresses: Change Sent From address

Advertisement

Question: I have multilpe e-mail addressed on my new 8700 (cingular). I can get them all no problem. How can I easily change which e-mail adress an e-mail is SENT from? How do I reply from the e-mail address that the e-mail was recieved to? Cingular says I can only send / reply from my default adress. This seemd rediculous! Thanks for the help.

Brian

Answer: If your BlackBerry device is integrated with more than one email account, depending on your carrier you might be able to set which email account is used by default when you send messages from the main messages list. From main screen go to device 'options', (for OS 4.1 click 'Advanced Options') Click 'Message Services' and Set the Messaging (CMIME) field. Won't work for Blackberry on both BES and BIS.

skipperj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203B91BB

Re: Multilpe email addresses: Change Sent From address

I did this, but I had trouble getting some of my emails to get through to some clients. Evidently, some businesses block emails that the "From" address does not match the sending server. I am on Cingular and changed the "Send From" online in the BIS.

Anyone have experience with this? Ways to fix it? I'm guessing I'm pretty much screwed.

BTW, new BB owner in the last month. Great site.

Thanks.

cpufixr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203BE346

You can try BBReply - a free 3rd party app that lets you specify a "reply-to" address. It doesn't work for everyone, but its worth a try. Here is a link to download it, plus some other cool free apps.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=136890
    Maine, USA
    8700C on T-Mobile
    203BE346

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's pretty much BBreply or switch to T-Mobile until the new BIS is rolled out with the other carriers.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Doesn't Pocket Day have a feature that let's you pick your reply to address?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by cpufixr
    You can try BBReply - a free 3rd party app that lets you specify a "reply-to" address. It doesn't work for everyone, but its worth a try. Here is a link to download it, plus some other cool free apps.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=136890
    I just d/l BBReply. How does it work? Where does it give you the option to select 'reply to' or 'sent from' when composing a message?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

NM, I rebooted my BB and now I see the option.[/brain fart]