Newbie here.. obviously! I am getting these strange "mobile emails" to my account. This is ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jeffreystahlhut no está en línea Stack level 1

Mobile Emails

Advertisement

Newbie here.. obviously! I am getting these strange "mobile emails" to my account. This is an sbcglobal account that I've had a long time. They are random characters and only going to the phone, not my online account. what are these and how do I get rid of them?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    is there a sender?

no name, no.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Is this phone brand new or used? Do you have email accounts setup through your BIS like Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

brand new phone, old email account

actually I just got one! it's from "MOBILE EMAIL" and next to that it says OZMAIL then there are a bunch of random characters.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Delete your old email account from your BIS. Delete the service books under Options, Advanced, Service Books for that email account as well.

Do a restart on your BB (battery pull) and then re-add your email account via the BIS. Then, resend your service books.

I have seen this before and it's an issue with the email account and the BIS.

Post back if you continue to have the problem after doing these steps.

re-send my service books? What does that mean?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    You can resend your service books on your providers bis website.
    Service books have info that your bb needs to get your email. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stupid follow-up, but how do I even delete the account to begin with? Step by step help is a good thing
    Thanks.
    These messages are ANNOYING and come in every other hour or so.

mwgaston no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2419978D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am with tmobile not sure if this will appl to u or not. With tmobile u can sign into your mobile ph acct and setup or delete email acct there and also do some email filtering.
    You can also do the same from the ph under the icon "email setup". U will need to first go to options then to advance options scroll down till u see the email address then use your funtion key to select what your going to do....select delete.
    Once u have done this go to "setup email" icon and follow instructions given, also under this icon in the future if u have problems with not getting your email there is link that u can select that says service books "resend" I travel oversea a lot an find that some times I have to resend the service if issuse arise. Hope this helps.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreystahlhut View Post
    stupid follow-up, but how do I even delete the account to begin with? Step by step help is a good thing
    Thanks.
    These messages are ANNOYING and come in every other hour or so.
    Please fill out your profile. I just went there to see what model phone you have & your carrier but nothing had been completed. It saves everyone time and stops the back & forth exchanges to obtain enough info to help you.

You can also call your carrier for step by step help.

Another option is the tutorials on their web site.

Sorry about that - I have a Blackberry Pearl 8110. When I go to delete the email account, then go to delete the Service Books - they are gone. Once I deleted the email account the service books disappeared on their own. So I put the email account back in - and the same thing started happening.

The odd thing is they are called MOBILE EMAIL from something called OZMAIL, but they are coming into me as text messages, not emails.

I'm getting ready to scrap this entire phone! I love it, but the non-stop texts/emails that are jibberish are more than infuriating! I never had anything like this on any other phone.

The plot thickens! My email address is not on the phone. The service books for that email account are gone. I am no longer receiving emails on the phone at all. But I just got this text message again from this MOBILE EMAIL OZMAIL.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Here is your issue: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n15729268

Read through this article and figure out if you signed up for this service previously. If so, you need to figure out how to unsubscribe.

Good luck...
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 05-28-2008 at 06:24 PM.