I apologize in advance if this has been covered but I searched this forum, blackberryforums, ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

minimo3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Messages always show as unread if they are delivered when BB is off

Advertisement

I apologize in advance if this has been covered but I searched this forum, blackberryforums, and crackberry and couldn't find an answer. The situation is like this: I have both an iPhone and a Curve 8310 (4.2.2). On the weekends I switch my SIM card to the iPhone and my Curve is turned off. During this time I will read my email from either the iPhone (IMAP) or my desktop PC. On Monday morning I switch my SIM card to my Curve and it will go ahead and download all the emails from the weekend as unread even though they are clearly read. This happens for Yahoo (BIS POP), Gmail (BIS IMAP), and Lotus Notes (BES). On the desktop clients all the emails are marked as read. On the Notes client I've made sure unread marks are replicated on my server copy of the mail nsf. On the BIS side I've tried deleting and reprovisioning the accounts. The Curve gets a battery pull just before it fetches all this UNREAD mail. I also have about 23MB file storage free.

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix this. Opening 100+ mails to mark them as read on the BB is not fun. I wish there were a Mark All Read command.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, maybe someone else knows more about this than me, but the emails sent to your BB will always get delivered as unread. I don't think there is a way to change this.

But you should be able to mark them all opened quickly this way:

Once the batch of emails is delivered, open the messages folder, scroll to the first unopened message on the list so it is highlighted. Hold the shift key and scroll down through the list until the whole batch is highlighted. Hit the menu key, then select "Mark Opened"
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ^^ What AZ said.

I believe the only way they would be marked as read on both the device and elsewhere is if you use IMAP instead of POP.

I am using IMAP for GMail, and I believe the BES I use for Lotus Notes should be 2-way synchonized correct?

Thanks to AZ for the tip about the multiple select. I'd tried that multi-select and using Alt-U to mark unread but it didn't work. Forgot about using the menu key. I'll try that. I guess I'll just have to manually reconcile my accounts. I really like the way the accounts are sync'ed with the IMAP client in the iPhone.

Cheers

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Go to the top line where the date is and then access the menu and choose, "Mark Prior Opened" and it will show them all read.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks, that's a great suggestion!