Just wondering if there is anything I should keep an eye out for when I'm ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

Making a html mobile site, what should I watch out for?

Advertisement

Just wondering if there is anything I should keep an eye out for when I'm developing my site to work with mobiles? My site is just a personal site that I want to be able to browse via my BB Pearl's BB Browser. right now the site look perfectly formatted for the BB Browser on Pearl. But I'm curious to see your opinions on how my site look on other mobiles and on how I should tweak it to make it works better for everyone? I want to make sure that the site will look right so a few family members could browse my site relatively fast and clearly without any hassles like too much scripts.

I have a couple out of state friends with BB that I could ask about but chances are, I could get more technically advanced members here to positively criticize my site.

Just remember that I'm only working on the basic design right now. I will be adding contents once I have all of the codes tweaked perfectly.

here is my site address,
    http://stroud.freehostia.com/

P.S. for those of you that thinks my site looks too plain, I will be posting some header images and whatnot once I've learned how to use GIMP to optimize and adjust my personal images. So don't worry.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    if you are going to stick with html, i would make sure your whole site is in one frame. blackberry (at this time) loads html pages as frames, so think columns ... it will show left frame first, all the way to bottom, then center, so on. so you want to try and optimize for bb by placing all information left frame.

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    Yeah that happened with me at first, till I reduced the max width to 235px. At first all of the links was on top of each other rather than next to each other.

Though i'm just not sure how the site looks in a wider screen. Anybody with the bigger BB, could you let me know real quick if the top of the page (where the links are) looks right or not?

So i'm aware of some of the methods the BB Browser formats a site for mobile browsing. Mostly, my worries are on how to optimize the site so it could load quickly and links are not too hard to get to and whatnot.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you really wanna get fancy, take a look at my site: rsnightlife.com on your desktop and then on your BB. In simple terms, the site can tell which browser you are using and loads the appropricate content version.