Hello all, After talking to my carrier's "tech support" and scouring every available forum for ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

jdemot no está en línea Stack level 1

Mail Connector workaround

Advertisement

Hello all,

After talking to my carrier's "tech support" and scouring every available forum for info on troubleshooting Mail Connector (most threads ended with a don't bother), I decided to try a few things myself. The specific issue I have is that MC seems to work ok for approximately 30-40 minutes, then hangs up. I tried "touching" the account in BIS by doing an edit then saving, this didn't seem to make a difference. Sending myself an email from the troubled account didn't seem to do anything either. What DID seem to help was stopping and starting Mail Connector itself. As you may well be aware, the most popular application of MC appears to be an unmanned workstation that stays logged into the network of the mail server (Corporate, et al). I wrote a batch file that restarts MC and scheduled it to run every 30 minutes using Microsoft's SCHTASKS utility which is built into XP. If you'd like to try it, do the following:

1. Copy the below text into notepad;

@echo off
    REM - File: C:\windows\system32\mcrestart.bat
    REM - Description: Restart's Mail Connector Service
    REM - Author: Jason A. DeMott
    REM - run with: schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 30 /tn "Restart Mail Connector" /tr mcrestart.bat
    echo Restarting Mail Connector...
    echo ================================================== ====
    net stop "rmpwpcliService"
    net start "rmpwpcliService"
    echo ================================================== ====
    echo Mail Connector Restarted
    exit

Now save this file as mcrestart.bat in your $WINDOWS\system32 (C:\windows\system32) directory.

Now we need to schedule it to run every XX minutes ( I chose 30, seemed to work best) using the following command at a DOS Prompt:

schtasks /create /sc minute /mo 30 /tn "Restart Mail Connector" /tr mcrestart.bat

You will be prompted for your login password (used to login to either your DOMAIN or local workstation)

To confirm you can just run "schtasks" with no arguments to show current tasks:

C:\>schtasks

TaskName Next Run Time Status
    ==================================== ======================== ===============
    Restart Mail Connector 10:37:00, 4/13/2007

C:\>

If you'd like to delete the task, use "schtasks delete /tn "Restart Mail Connector"

I've only had my BB for almost a week now, and using Mail Connector for 2 days, but this seems to work for me.

Warm Regards,

-me

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Mail Connector workaround

Nice. THX.

ehan no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Mail Connector workaround

i use mail connector but those services don't exist!