Hello all, I'm suffering an annoying problem whenever I type a new email using my ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

Richard001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mac Mail is constantly sending same email to my Blackberry

Advertisement

Hello all,

I'm suffering an annoying problem whenever I type a new email using my Mac Mail (Version 3.3). My network provider is Orange UK.

As I compose a new email I'm constantly bombarded by new message alerts on my Blackberry 8120 of the actual email I'm writing. It is sending multiple alerts even as I am still writing the same message.

So for example I'll open Mac Mail and type in the subject box, cue an alert on my phone notifying me of a new message. This "new" message is actually the email I'm still writing on the Mac Mail. I'll carry on typing the email and yet again I will be notified on my phone of a new message.... and yes you guessed it, it's the email I'm still composing, only now it contains the subject and the few words that I have typed, and so this carries on.... and on.

It seems that if I don't type it does not send anything, but the moment I type several words, beep! I have a new message. Typically I'll end up with over five message alerts each showing various stages of my email.
    As you might expect It's beginning to really grate me.

If anybody can help me I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards

Richard001

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Hi Richard I'm not positive what is causing your problem but my guess is your mac mail is hooked to gmail. I know this BTSC KB Article may not match you 100% as it is mean't for messages already sent please give this a try though and let me know if it resolves the issue. If your provider isn't gmail please still give it a try

Note: This filter will not allow you to send emails to your BB when sending from the same address

Richard001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello Kieran,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Your correct I am using Google mail.
    Followed your advice and yes it works!!
    No more forwarded emails. So a very BIG thankyou for your help.
    I suppose the only minor thing is it does not send a final copy of the email, should I wish to refer to it later through my BB, but to be honest I don't think it is a major, just glad to not be receiving all those emails.
    If you know a way around that then please let me know.

But hey problem solved.

Thanks again

Richard001