I just got a BB Curve on the ATT network and I'm using BIS to ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

bbjorge01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Limit email checking on Curve ATT BIS

Advertisement

I just got a BB Curve on the ATT network and I'm using BIS to redirect my email from two accounts. My assumption is that the redirection occurs periodically.

I know this almost sounds like blasphemy, but is there a way to set the BBCurve on ATT using BIS to check periodically to a rate of my choosing (i.e. preferably slower when I'm at my desk and already have my email open)? Ideally I'm trying to save battery power.

Nothing jumped out on this site nor was there anything self-explanatory on the BIS-ATT page or on the Curve itself.

If there's a better solution that doesn't involve turning the entire phone off (I would still like to get call) but just not have the phone checking/receiving email during a particular period of time.

Sorry if I'm missing anything obvious.

Thanks so much!

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Limit email checking on Curve ATT BIS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I don't think there is (or know) of a way to do this, however I use the same device and can tell you that your battery life should be alright. I can go two to three days with out having to charge my battery and that is with constant use. So don't worry about battery life to much!

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2

The BIS checks/polls your email accounts without your BlackBerry using any battery life. The only time your wireless antenna/battery would be affected is when new emails are downloaded.

RIM has configured the BIS to poll new email on behalf of the BlackBerry partially for this exact reason.

Also, there is no way to change the timing for when your accounts will poll. It is set at an interval of 15 minutes unless you use a hosting service that has agreements with RIM for push email (GoDaddy, Yahoo, Gmail) etc...

bbjorge01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks!

15 minutes sounds about right (although it feels like it's polling sooner that that but may be my imagination)...hmmm...I guess I'll have to deal. I've started refining my filters to omit things that I know I'm defintely NEVER going to want to read/know about on my BB. It's just annoying sometimes that I have to delete messages from my BB when I know that I will end up replying to it on my desktop and they don't fit nicely into a filter rule.

If anyone else knows of a hidden way, please feel free to reply.