Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Cool. I got it now. I had managed to change it and ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Cool. I got it now. I had managed to change it and didn't know how I did it. I also have the default Sprint zen theme and the background is black. I couldn't see the numbers. I see where the best you can get is -80. That's as strong as the reading gets. I live under a cell tower and a few weeks ago I actually got a -56 with my test gear on this site. Thanks for your help.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    .......I see where the best you can get is -80. That's as strong as the reading gets......
    I'm confused by that comment, now and earlier, but -80 is not the best reading you can get on a BB. If you get in the same position as you were with your test equipment you ought to register in the -50's range with your BB as well. I hope that's clear to you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am guessing that the BB OS can only read as good as a -80. Even though your BB may have a -60 (which the standard BB user can't tell without RF test equipment), a -80 is the strongest signal it will report.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    I am guessing that the BB OS can only read as good as a -80. Even though your BB may have a -60 (which the standard BB user can't tell without RF test equipment), a -80 is the strongest signal it will report.
    yes thats what i meant that -80 was all it went to
    Mike

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I'd like to agree, but mine is reporting -77dBm right now.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    yes thats what i meant that -80 was all it went to
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    I'd like to agree, but mine is reporting -77dBm right now.
    I can't agree either because mine is currently showing -78 and -77.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I am using an 8310 on TMO with the Dimension (Today) theme. When I do alt N M L L, the bars are replaced with the upper half of a black half-circle but NO numbers. Am I doing something wrong? A repeat of the alt NMLL takes me back to the bars...

Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post
    I am using an 8310 on TMO with the Dimension (Today) theme. When I do alt N M L L, the bars are replaced with the upper half of a black half-circle but NO numbers. Am I doing something wrong? A repeat of the alt NMLL takes me back to the bars...
    No. It's probably the theme you're using. It may not have made provision for displaying the numbers. I just downloaded a theme this am (Flesh Wound) that, as far as I can tell, doesn't display anything for signal. Also Surrreal, for example, has numbers that are black and against the background are almost invisible. Try a different theme.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I can't agree either because mine is currently showing -78 and -77.
    now u have me thinking i will be leaving my singnal indicator on numbers to see if it goes low???i my home i have all 5 bars and says -80 but i will check it out?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by VETT98 View Post
    now u have me thinking i will be leaving my singnal indicator on numbers to see if it goes low???i my home i have all 5 bars and says -80 but i will check it out?
    I think it's an interesting indicator to watch from time to time. FYI, in my home which is always on wi-fi I often show a signal strength of -57. That may be a skewed (or incorrect) indicator since it's wireless but it sure is fast browsing on wi-fi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12