First off I am incredibly disappointed! With all the talk on how great 4.5 is ... BlackBerry Internet & Email forum

bcball no está en línea Stack level 1

Just upgraded to O.S. 4.5 from Verizon

Advertisement

First off I am incredibly disappointed! With all the talk on how great 4.5 is I see no difference from 4.2. Then my internet browser is gone! When I hook the phone up to the computer and go to applications the browser is grayed out but checked but there is no icon on the phone and if I try to switch application to the browser it saysYour divice does not have any browser configuration service book entries. Anyone know how to fix it?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well you won't see as much difference jumping from the 8130's original 4.3 OS to 4.5 as users with 4.2 going to 4.5. To get your browser back you need to log into your BIS account on your PC and resend your service books, that will get your browser back. The biggest changes you would have is native HTML email support(which is still not nearly as good as BBSmart of Empower IMO) and Docs To Go. Other than that there are a few little UI changes, addition of geotagging support for your pictures, etc.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Good call azstar,I wasn't that impressed with the upgrade either at first. Your reply is spot on except for the fact that he is with Verizon (or atleast that is the provider of the os installed) so the geotagging won't be there either.
    A huge 'thank you' to Verizon for one more thing they deny their customers due to the GPS block.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I guess I'm in denial about VZW's GPS practices as my carrier Alltel is about to be swallowed by Verizon......sure hope they change their ways before my Alltel contract runs out and I upgrade to a verizon phone and plan/contract
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I guess I'm in denial about VZW's GPS practices as my carrier Alltel is about to be swallowed by Verizon......sure hope they change their ways before my Alltel contract runs out and I upgrade to a verizon phone and plan/contract

It's pretty much a love hate relationship with Verizon! Strangely I'm also hoping that this buyout has some benefits for us existing customers, like unlocked GPS.

In terms of the OS it's just funny to see two posts complaining about it so close together. Maybe Verizon reads these forums, they should know in plain English it SUCKS! And that's not me being a hater, I loved some good old 4.3.

bcball no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you, resending the service book worked!